• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

40 Caliber York Completed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckskinn

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I guess i need a new distraction from real life... This one is done! I hummed an hawed about putting some carvings around the tang and butt,,, decided I could not do this piece of wood justice and probably would have regretted it. I miss working on it already!
20200323_163820.jpg
20200323_163800.jpg
20200323_163950.jpg
20200323_163910.jpg
20200323_164020.jpg

I'd like to build a pistol!

I have a double set trigger on the 54 cal I build last year, but the trigger came out really nice on this 40 and I think i prefer it. It is almost as smooth and light as the Timney's i have on my unspeakable rifles. I'm sure it's under 3# with very little creep and it does not go off unless intended...

I have a tower boarding pistol kit I'm going to rebuild soon. I got it at a gun show already built for $40 but it was like whoever built it didn't want to do anything extra to it. It has so much potential, it just needs to be finessed into something nice!
KIMG1785.JPG

It was a Jim Chambers Early York kit, with wood upgrade. I just wish I could find some 40 cal balls around.... I'm having to order them from Midway USA and it's going to be another week or so.

It was a Jim Chambers Early York kit, with wood upgrade. I just wish I could find some 40 cal balls around.... I'm having to order them from Midway USA and it's going to be another week or so.
I passed on a .40 cal flinter just because of that. I really wanted a gun I could get round balls for at Cabela's.

That my friend is a beauty. Well done. I like your style.

Just wish I could get off the fence and order my first real builders kit. I think I would have a blast doing one.

That is inspiring ... thanks for sharing her with us.

Back