• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD 40 caliber Price drop again...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have decided to offer up this pretty little Caplock rifle for sale. Bought it from Joe Williams years ago from The Gun Works. Never shot it. 1 inch across flats, 25 inch barrel, marked Schneider and Browning, San Franciso Ca. LOP 13 inches.
$600.00, plus shipping.
Joe Williams quote: "Calibers large and small, 40 beats them all, 45, 50, & all the rest, 40 is still the best" He was a good man.

Attachments

• IMG_0927.jpg
    IMG_0927.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_0929.jpg
    IMG_0929.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0931.jpg
    IMG_0931.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0934.jpg
    IMG_0934.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
What shape is the bore in? What method of payment?
You will be asked to post your name and date with a picture of the gun. Forum rules.

What shape is the bore in? What method of payment?
You will be asked to post your name and date with a picture of the gun. Forum rules.
USPS payment. The gun is as new. an original barrel according to Joe, bored and rifled at their shop and stocked with a pretty piece of wood and new lock and trigger, etc.

I have decided to offer up this pretty little Caplock rifle for sale. Bought it from Joe Williams years ago from The Gun Works. Never shot it. 1 inch across flats, 25 inch barrel, marked Schneider and Browning, San Franciso Ca. LOP 13 inches.
$850.00, plus shipping.
Joe Williams quote: "Calibers large and small, 40 beats them all, 45, 50, & all the rest, 40 is still the best" He was a good man.
Nice gun, good luck!

That is a nice, small rifle. I remember seeing it on the Gun Works website some time back. I believe it has a set of the Andy Fautheree "California Sights," which is appropriate, as Schneider & Browning were based in San Francisco.

This rifle deserves a good home.

Good luck with your sale!

Notchy Bob

Notchy, thank you for the kind words. It is sold pending funds. I hesitated to sell it, but my interest has changed to flintlock rifles, and, like most of us, my budget dictates what I keep in the safe. I did not know about the sights, and found that to be very interesting. I know that Jim Williams felt it was a very nice rifle. Appreciate the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back