SOLD .40 cal. Cabin Creek Blue Mountain rifle,ash stocked

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notchy Bob

32 Cal.
Reaction score
The description of this rifle on the Cabin Creek website says it has 1/4" of cast-off. Specifications are here: Pennsylvania Mountain Rifle

I strongly considered getting one of these several years ago. At that time, Brad told me their price to build one of their own kits was $1200, plus the cost of the kit, which is currently $865 in its most basic configuration. The price being asked by Mr. Efremenko, a renowned builder himself, seems like a good deal.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Woodnbow

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
If it has cast off it probable would be un pleasant to shoot. If it is straight stocked it would be fine. I have owned several left handed flint guns over the years, having shot right handed flint for so many years a left handed gun is awkward for me.
No cast off for a left handed shooter using a right handed flintlock
I have never owned a .40 ball shooter, and the last 36 I owned was 30 years ago. How much recoil would this rifle have with hunting loads and an 8.5# weight?
Edit: I’m not really a flintlock person but it’s such a beauty I’m thinking I might need to become one...

brazosland

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
My .40 weighs under eight pounds. With a 65 grain load it hardly has recoil.

I was reading this thread, and I am very familiar with cross dominant eye issues, and thinking “boys it’s a .40...not a .62.”

Status
Not open for further replies.