• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

4.35 miles!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's feral pigeons and indian turtle doves we can hunt and in south Australia some unprotected native birds,but there's nothing like pheasant or partridge. We can hunt ducks and native quail IF we have a season and IF we pass a WIT and IF we get a special licence to do so.
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Thats an interesting game carrier,I'm guessing it hinges on the right ?
Yes, and it's held in place with a spring-loaded clip and stud.
IMGP0985.JPG
IMGP0986.JPG

Yep Jess and I trampled, tripped, cussed our way through dense cover in search of woodcock and roosters.
It was Berti the topsy-turvy Beretta thingy muzzleloader today and when we did put a woodcock up I missed 🤦‍♂️. I rushed the shot!
Eventually Jesse's nose was sniffing the air in a tangle of weeds and stuff and up pops rooster #1, I didn't rush this time and killed it outright.
View attachment 112228
One barrel still loaded I pondered flighting woodcock as night came but just 100yds from the first pheasant Jesse's nose was pointing in a thick clump of bramble!
I stepped into it and #2 rooster raised cussing his head off at me. BOOM and he was done ✔
View attachment 112229
Three shot for two birds, I'll settle for that.
4.3 miles of exercise and I can not believe how warm it is. Shirt and open coat weather!
Well, playtime is drawing to a close. Soon back to work, that is, if I don't get covid!
We had a few woodcock around Polesdon Lacy NT leatherhead surry. Laid down pheasants too Not done any shooting since our 1933 lease expired around 2012 , bro Andy owned it, It was teaming with rabbits but seems blood pox has wiped them out No hope now police confiscated my shot guns and seems I am not the only one , me being 78 not too bothered. But now I cannot legally shoot my flintlocks etc. fortunately I just cut an apple tree down and extended my garden range to 70 yards still getting 1” groups ftom
My bsa Scorpio 22 & 177. In fact I can now outshoot a shotgun but not for foxes , squirrels are a bit tough beyond 50 yards

oh well it’s a green and pleasant land Happy new year

Attachments

• 12FE39F3-01BE-43BC-A739-84E8D3735895.jpeg
    12FE39F3-01BE-43BC-A739-84E8D3735895.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 38
There's feral pigeons and indian turtle doves we can hunt and in south Australia some unprotected native birds,but there's nothing like pheasant or partridge. We can hunt ducks and native quail IF we have a season and IF we pass a WIT and IF we get a special licence to do so.
if if if if if. I wonder if the word if, and its concept, exist in all languages?

"No hope now police confiscated my shot guns "
How the hell does a civilized people even allow that to happen to the law abiding? Were you a poacher? Did you threaten people?
Fellow citizens of the USA take note.
No totally innocent They claim at 78 I said I would shoot intruders next time my house was robbed. So corrupt they just want to get guns out of public hands Better j get injured than I hurt a robber, they have human rights you know. So I took up archery

Good deal there Brit, the boss lady goes under the knife on Monday broke her ankle and it has to be pinned back together, Talked to my hunting buddy today and we are planning a rabbit hunt the third week of January, she should be right along in the healing process that she can manage for a few hours on her own at least I hope or I will be done hunting until this coming October when we head back to Wyoming for Antelope and Mule deer. With the exception of our annual canned quail hunt this February and hopefully a snow goose hunt.

Yep Jess and I trampled, tripped, cussed our way through dense cover in search of woodcock and roosters.
It was Berti the topsy-turvy Beretta thingy muzzleloader today and when we did put a woodcock up I missed 🤦‍♂️. I rushed the shot!
Eventually Jesse's nose was sniffing the air in a tangle of weeds and stuff and up pops rooster #1, I didn't rush this time and killed it outright.
View attachment 112228
One barrel still loaded I pondered flighting woodcock as night came but just 100yds from the first pheasant Jesse's nose was pointing in a thick clump of bramble!
I stepped into it and #2 rooster raised cussing his head off at me. BOOM and he was done ✔
View attachment 112229
Three shot for two birds, I'll settle for that.
4.3 miles of exercise and I can not believe how warm it is. Shirt and open coat weather!
Well, playtime is drawing to a close. Soon back to work, that is, if I don't get covid!
Truly love the photos, keep them coming.

Crop farmers can get a cull permit for emu's in special cases,otherwise thats a HELL NO.
The locals certainly eat them. I chased an Emu for a while up at Canarvon WA back in 2000. Plenty of sheep and cattle but hardly saw a kangaroo all the way Perth to Exmouth Manly in Perth cemetery but occasionally on roadside early in morning Emus were very friendly in the old Perth Zoo

if if if if if. I wonder if the word if, and its concept, exist in all languages?
By locals I'm gathering you're meaning the indigenous population....
Well I was not referring to the Quakers on Rotness island, see utube. The most lovely gentle miniature size kangaroos you can imagine, like a big rabbit , so friendly, of course after my packed lunch The ferry has got terribly expensive like $23 return last time. It was $8. Such is life I did not like the taste RU snags , sausages to us

Have a good day

Back