• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

4.35 miles!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep Jess and I trampled, tripped, cussed our way through dense cover in search of woodcock and roosters.
It was Berti the topsy-turvy Beretta thingy muzzleloader today and when we did put a woodcock up I missed 🤦‍♂️. I rushed the shot!
Eventually Jesse's nose was sniffing the air in a tangle of weeds and stuff and up pops rooster #1, I didn't rush this time and killed it outright.
View attachment 112228
One barrel still loaded I pondered flighting woodcock as night came but just 100yds from the first pheasant Jesse's nose was pointing in a thick clump of bramble!
I stepped into it and #2 rooster raised cussing his head off at me. BOOM and he was done âś”
View attachment 112229
Three shot for two birds, I'll settle for that.
4.3 miles of exercise and I can not believe how warm it is. Shirt and open coat weather!
Well, playtime is drawing to a close. Soon back to work, that is, if I don't get covid!
A Happy New Year bird!

LD

Back