• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

3rd Model Dragoon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our old neighbors had a ‘62 Corvette exactly like that ! Same color and interior !

Shooting a Dragoon or an 1860 Army, same thing. One, given the time, place or mood, is just much more fun. And then there is the cool factor. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Yeah, somebody's gotta drive these things and shoot those things....

Attachments

• DSC03958.JPG
    DSC03958.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 36
The Whitneyville, first and second models all share the same loading lever latch (the rocking style) while the third model has a latch like the 1851 Navy. Uberti doesn't seem to have caught on to that though.

Last edited:
I have a Uberti 3rd model Dragoon that was worked over by Mike Brackett (Goons gunsmithing), and it is one of my prized possessions. I use 45 grains 3F and a .457 roundball. Really fun to shoot, and quite accurate. Mike put a strong spring in the lever so it does not drop down.

40895E8F-A85D-4573-B1DB-C36404B32197.jpegB7DDD51C-C19D-421A-944F-A9C46A2032FA.jpeg173DCBFB-B20F-462B-AC43-A12BC79DD286.jpeg

I have a third model a project gun. When finished it will be a three or thereabout inch barrel snubby with a fluted cylinder.
All I have to do is cure the Uberti short arbor and wack off the barrel and cut a front sight dovetail. The cylinder is done don't ask how.
Perhaps this summer when it is too hot to shoot.

I have a third model a project gun. When finished it will be a three or thereabout inch barrel snubby with a fluted cylinder.
All I have to do is cure the Uberti short arbor and wack off the barrel and cut a front sight dovetail. The cylinder is done don't ask how.
Perhaps this summer when it is too hot to shoot.

Pocket Dragoon?

Latest posts

Back