• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

3J Tomahawk?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Occasionaly when I attend the Rose City Collectors Gun and Knife Show in Portland, OR I will see hand forged hawks stamped 3J. Has anyone on this forum had any experience (good or bad) using one?

Ogre

I think they're well-regarded, but I don't know too much about them. Not sure how available they are anymore.

Where can they be gotten (apart from rendezvous)? Is there a website?

Bought one from the Gun Works at the same show a while back. Haven't been able to break it yet and I've bounced it off the ground,rocks etc a bunch of times due to my CHSWAT disease. Sharpens O.K. with a file.

I'd contact suzy at the Gun works, they have adot com site.

My shootin' pard picked one up a few months back at a gun show.The owner of3J said he was slowing down and not building as many as of late.

Suzy is probly your best bet for contact info.

I have 30 of them. They are thrown by older Boy Scouts. We have bounced them off of asphalt even. They sharpen up nice. I have had them for six years. Never have had to discard one. Have to replace the handles once a year.

I get mine from Suzi at Gun Works

WB

I am very happy with my 3J throwing hawk--IMHO they are much better than the comparably priced India hawks. American made in the northwest somewhere [Idaho?]...I see them for sale at rondy vendors booths mainly...

I bought a lot of stuff from Suzy and Joe. Good people to deal with. I just received 2 bison horns from them last week.[url] www.thegunworks.com[/url]
541-741-4118
BillK

Last edited by a moderator:
greetings,
which 'hawk' is the 3J??looked them over but nothing said 3J..

tia tt.g

I do believe that the hawks listed by The Gun Works as being by 'custom' are 3J. You can always ask Suzi.

Link to forged hawks:
[url] http://www.thegunworks.com/cu...wks&SubCat1ID=21&CFID=710455&CFTOKEN=24136983[/url]

wb

Last edited by a moderator:
saw a bunch of 3J hawks last weekend at our trade show, a vendor out of Lebanon oregon...L&R or L&S, close to the gun works. the maker is local to oregon andhas slowed down on production. thehawks ranged from 21 to 30bucks and several styles and sizes. they are out there and available here in the northwest.

The gun works should be worthy of a phone call!

Back