• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

3F Shotgun Load

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Less powder more lead shoots far kills dead has been a mantra for me for years. The other day Blackpowder TV posted a video on you tube shooting a 20 bore Carolina gun. He was shooting at a Turkey target a Turkey load. Staring with airy grains 2 f he worked up to a hundred, one and a quarter oz loads. To my surprise the most shot put in kill zone was by the largest powder charge😳
Should I change my mantra? I think it might be fun to try
I generally stick to the " mantra" when using fine blavkpowder but when using course powders I find I have to use more powder. Shooting at an old gate post one day and having pellets bounce back at me made me realise why I wasn't killing critters with course powder!

I generally stick to the " mantra" when using fine blavkpowder but when using course powders I find I have to use more powder. Shooting at an old gate post one day and having pellets bounce back at me made me realise why I wasn't killing critters with course powder!
Amazing must have been a bad wad column .
Feltwad

All good things must come to an end. The upland game bird season is ending, and I finished by bagging some birds with the Nock. The things made by man outlast their maker by several generations, and I enjoyed a very good hunting season using a variety of fowlers. I'm looking forward to the return of warm weather, and when summer reluctantly ends, I'll take to the field with the old guns again.

Chukars and daffodils.jpg

Back