• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

.390 Cal 28 Guage?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I think its marked bigger GA than it is. I have bought from this seller in the past off G.I. (if its the same guy and 99% sure it is). Always a fair deal and he is cool to work with. I see a few I NEED (still on probation and had to go ingognito so as not to be discovered on yet another questionable site while on probation). I hear they are a cheap way to get a smoothie these monkee guns (made in brazille?). I would buy from John again no issues.

Walkabout, I wondered the same thing. The large C on the barrel followed by 12m/m would indicate closer to 50 caliber. But these guns and the DGW “28 gauge” guns were seldom what they were purported to be. I have a DGW “28 gauge” as marked on the barrel, that is .526 caliber.

If .390, actually .394 its a 10 mm. Not uncommon I've had a couple of the 10mm's, Spanish made and a lot of fun. I have a Spanish 28ga now and its also a fun little gun. The one in the auction doesn't look small enough to be a 10mm

Thanks,
O.R

After taking a closer look at the auction photos the barrel is stamped 12MM clearly which would be .472 in. I've not seen that size bore in the little Spanish smoothbores before, but then again I've never seen everything <G>. That one looks to be in decent shape, shame there is no bore picture.

A note my Spanish 28 ga is actually stamped 28ga and has a .550 bore No choke, but the bore has been honed and burnished.

Thanks
O.R

Well I think its marked bigger GA than it is. I have bought from this seller in the past off G.I. (if its the same guy and 99% sure it is). ... I would buy from John again no issues.

Good to know. He always seems to have a good assortment of interesting looking guns and I've considered purchasing from him.

Bem, acho que é marcado como GA maior do que é. Eu comprei deste vendedor no passado fora do GI (se for o mesmo cara e 99% de certeza que é). Sempre um acordo justo e é legal trabalhar com ele. Vejo alguns que PRECISO (ainda em liberdade condicional e tive que ficar incógnito para não ser descoberto em outro site questionável durante o período de liberdade condicional). Ouvi dizer que eles são uma maneira barata de obter um smoothie dessas armas monkee (feitas no Brasil?). Eu compraria de John novamente sem problemas.
Never*made*in*Brasil!

huh?

non comprandey

if your contesting made in Brazil Then whatever I just thought it was? Now I see spanish?

I think a few BP arms were from Brazil?

Gezeel (Brady) is from Brazil.......

They are fun little shotguns, but be advised the lock parts are very soft and will wear out eventually. I replaced the lock on mine.

huh?

non comprandey

if your contesting made in Brazil Then whatever I just thought it was? Now I see spanish?

I think a few BP arms were from Brazil?

Gezeel (Brady) is from Brazil...
Hello friend.
I meant that this weapon was not made in Brazil.
This Gezeel brand is not from Brazil.
Perhaps you are confusing Brazil (which speaks Portuguese) with Argentina (which speaks Spanish).
Brazil has had several weapons manufacturers... but currently Taurus (very present in the USA) is the one that stands out.

What do you make of this?
"Monkey Gun" (?)
Run away!
Honestly, every gun that I have ever seen marked with a "XX'-mm" aka; "metric stamped" instead of caliber or bore size has been a piece of ''1&sh'', made buy some hack shop,, some place on the globe that's trying to evade copy infringement,,
"Monkey Gun"?,
Don't walk, Run.

Back