• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

36" or 42" TVM Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is untapered and I specified a rear sight when it was built. It sure paid off for me since I shoot more ball than shot. But even with shot the rear sight works fine. :thumbsup:
Yes, I have a rear sight on my Bess, and wouldn't have it any other way. Works great on birds, makes me slow down, concentrate, and not just blast away.

Yes, I have a rear sight on my Bess, and wouldn't have it any other way. Works great on birds, makes me slow down, concentrate, and not just blast away.
I really like a rear sight. For me it makes it so much easier to shoot, I’m very right eyed and tend to shoot right with out a rear sight.

Yes, I have found that it is no handicap when shooting shot, and a big plus for shooting ball. Yeah, I can shoot ball well with just a bead, but I think the rear sight is much more consistently accurate. I also like the fact that the NRA has an original musket, from the revolutionary war, I forget if it's a Bess or not, with a rear sight. When someone tells me a rear sight is not historically correct, I just smile. I did make sure that the rear sight I have is period correct, however.

Just as an update to some of the older posts...…

I have in my possession a TVM fowler (Avance) with a 20 ga (.62) barrel that weighs in at 6.5 lbs. The finish on the gun is flawless and the workmanship is as well. I am fussy about inletting etc. and this gun is well done. Sure there are some things in the architecture I will change but all in all its a pretty darn good gun.

Back