• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED .350 round balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Hogslayer & John The need for a 350 mould was for the customer who I sold a flint rifle of my make too. I looked at the various options and the DC Lee seemed the best option other than the boxes of 100 balls also available even in NZ . I never owned a 36 just had the one barrel blank so made up an Armstrong style to use up an original box lid & finial/hinge. Just a route 40 hardware item I had years . I did have a 290 cal some bodies squirrel gun thinking . Has G Tyler stamped but no squirrels in NZ so made a' Baltic Bird rifle' had to make the mould , takes a whole 15 grains .Am delighted by it, I rarely went smaller than 40 cal If I did make a mini Jager style toy of 177 air rifle barrel but in flintlock for my sisters Teddy bear sort of a family joke, w nut stocked ,wooden tool box brazeing rod rammer oct to round swamped, sights of course . Nobody messes with that bear ! or would only its here & the Bears in Spain . From Bristol where are you now ? Ime near Nelson NZ

.Regards & thank you for your offer Rudyard

I don’t really shoot enough to warrant setting up with moulds, melting pots, etc and want to avoid that if possible.
I thought the same thing about 30 years ago, but then I ran across a pot and moulds at a yard sale. All of a sudden my expenses went way down and my skill level went way up. And I was able to help my friends with their needs, and my brother who had an antique 7mm gismo and other arcane bullet applications to feed. Best 75 dollar initial investment I ever made. Do try it if you can, it's great fun, and you can always sell your equipment if you feel it's not for you.

Unfortunately I have never seen a yard sale in the UK and even if I came across such a thing the chances of finding anything remotely gun related is zero. I would imagine that the second-hand market for bullet making equipment is minute.
Anyway, as reported above, all is now sunny in my garden. Metaphorically at least.

Smif, that stuff is too hard. Maybe one of us can send him just a few hand cast .350's to see how they work in his gun, and if so, he may find a mould and a will to make a few.
Surprised you found it too hard when you tried it. What kind of issues did the hardness cause? I’ve had very good success using Ballistic Products’ 1-1/2 buckshot in my 32 caliber guns. It scratches easily with my fingernail, but it is a bit harder than ‘pure’ lead, with the BHN test showing around 8 when I checked. My guns nor the targets and squirrels shot didn’t noticed this buckshot was too hard.

Back