• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

32lb Naval gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heelerau

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have just had my 3rd scale 32lb naval gun refurbish after it lost its carriage when my property was destroyed by a bushfire last year. A mate in my black powder club Kindly built a new naval carriage for it from Jarrah and painted it up like they are in the HMS Victory. She has a new set of loading gear, and some 30 mm iron balls on the way.
IMG_0434.jpg

Depends on the bed length!
True story in re cannons and trucks:
There is a man who lives near here who has the worlds largest collection of muzzle loading cannons. He rented two flat bed trailer loads of them to the movie company which filmed Lincoln. Heard there was pandemonium and many close calls when those trucks pulled out onto I95.
Local blacksmith had a couple solid weeks of repair work when the movies were done with the guns.

True story in re cannons and trucks:
There is a man who lives near here who has the worlds largest collection of muzzle loading cannons. He rented two flat bed trailer loads of them to the movie company which filmed Lincoln. Heard there was pandemonium and many close calls when those trucks pulled out onto I95.
Local blacksmith had a couple solid weeks of repair work when the movies were done with the guns.

Is that fellow a retired pharmacist and does he have an artillery museum?

Is that fellow a retired pharmacist and does he have an artillery museum?
Active pharmacist and was Mayor of Lancaster City. Don't know about a museum though.
Every year the 1812 Overture is performed in the city park for July 4th. For years he brought cannons to fire in the finale. A new Democrat mayor wanted to make him get a special permit after he had donated transport, gun powder, volunteer crews and use of the cannons for years. The man demurred and thanks once again to a Democrat we are poorer.

PS: Couple of years ago he shot a man who tried to rob his pharmacy at gunpoint.

I have just had my 3rd scale 32lb naval gun refurbish after it lost its carriage when my property was destroyed by a bushfire last year. A mate in my black powder club Kindly built a new naval carriage for it from Jarrah and painted it up like they are in the HMS Victory. She has a new set of loading gear, and some 30 mm iron balls on the way. View attachment 135042
wow, that is a beautiful gun!!!!!

Latest posts

Back