• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 Traditions Crockett kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus Chiggins

36 Cl.
Reaction score
After much deliberation, and reading, I've "pulled the trigger" and ordered one of these kits! I cant wait to get it. I do have a question about the supplied sights. It states ".350 blues steel, bead style". So, what exactly is that? Is .350 thick, thin, or in the middle as far as fine'ness of front sights. Also in the picture the front blade(bead?) is brass. Cant wait to get my hands on it. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I'm just guessing but I think the .350 is talking about the width of the dovetails.
That is a pretty standard width for the Italian made guns.

The dovetails in the barrel should already be machined to match the sights but knowing what the dovetail width is can be a big help if you decide to replace the sights with some other kind, some time in the future.

Yep, you're right. Looked over TOTW sights(20 or so designs that appealed to me), none of them are the same spec. No big, I'm guessing I can just shape the factory sights to my liking.

I picked up a .32 Traditions kit a couple of years ago. Yes, the front sight is a brass blade type and the rear sight is a very basic v-notch which is made of steel. Fun to shoot.

The Crockett is a really nice rifle; light, accurate and good lucking. Of course a kit build will offer many opportunities for custom touches to be added. I hunted with one for years and it was capable of sub 1" 5 shot groups at 50 yards.

Latest posts

Back