.32 Traditions Crockett kit

Discussion in 'Percussion Rifles' started by Gus Chiggins, Jun 16, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jun 16, 2019 #1

Gus Chiggins

Gus Chiggins

Gus Chiggins

32 Cal

After much deliberation, and reading, I've "pulled the trigger" and ordered one of these kits! I cant wait to get it. I do have a question about the supplied sights. It states ".350 blues steel, bead style". So, what exactly is that? Is .350 thick, thin, or in the middle as far as fine'ness of front sights. Also in the picture the front blade(bead?) is brass. Cant wait to get my hands on it. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

2. Jun 16, 2019 #2

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

I'm just guessing but I think the .350 is talking about the width of the dovetails.
    That is a pretty standard width for the Italian made guns.

The dovetails in the barrel should already be machined to match the sights but knowing what the dovetail width is can be a big help if you decide to replace the sights with some other kind, some time in the future.

3. Jun 17, 2019 #3

Gus Chiggins

Gus Chiggins

Gus Chiggins

32 Cal

Yep, you're right. Looked over TOTW sights(20 or so designs that appealed to me), none of them are the same spec. No big, I'm guessing I can just shape the factory sights to my liking.

4. Jun 17, 2019 #4

deermanct

deermanct

deermanct

32 Cal.

I picked up a .32 Traditions kit a couple of years ago. Yes, the front sight is a brass blade type and the rear sight is a very basic v-notch which is made of steel. Fun to shoot.

5. Jun 17, 2019 #5

hanshi

hanshi

hanshi

Cannon

The Crockett is a really nice rifle; light, accurate and good lucking. Of course a kit build will offer many opportunities for custom touches to be added. I hunted with one for years and it was capable of sub 1" 5 shot groups at 50 yards.