• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

32 caliper barn gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MDK_WV said:
My friend is 70 years old and he brought what appears to be a 32 caliper long rifle by from his grandfather and wantd to know if it had any value.
All guns have "value". Take it to an appraiser.

Yeh - It's worth about five dollars but just to show you how nice I am I'll give ya ten right now.

You, have a typical higher end produced Leman trade rifle, with faux stripping in very fine condition. I would do nothing to it, it's an excellent example of one of the first mass produced guns so wholesaled to general stores. Google Henry Leman, and you should get a lot of info. Leman was in business thru most of the 19th century.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I will pass this on to my friend. It does have some history with his family, he described it as belonging to his grandfather which means it may have been bought new or one owner before that. He has a son so he may well pass it on down through the family.

Back