• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 caliber about ready for squirrel season.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidney Smith

58 Cal.
Reaction score
20210906_180157.jpg

Today's target at 25 yards. 25 grains 3fg, .311 ball, approx .010 patch. First three shot group covered by the tape. Tapped front sight a hair to the right, fired three more, the top three. Then fired the last 2 on bottom. Dot is a 2 inch., so I'm about 1 1/8 inch right, and slightly low. Not the best group in the world but for my aging eyes good as I'm going to get right now.

I not going to have another chance this week to get back to the range so I'm just going to compensate slightly left. Squirrel season opens next Saturday. I think I'll have a decent chance at those squirrels. I'm no marksman, but can live with this group, for now anyway.

I wouldn't want to be in your sights if I was a squirrel that's for sure. Our season opens Saturday and I can't wait. Good luck out there and hope you have a safe and enjoyable hunt.

That's about the group I grt with my Trad. Crockett rifle, a .315 ball, and a .015 patch.

I ran into an old timer at the NC Territorial match who said he uses 40 grains of 3f and gets that group at 100 yds.

Best of luck with the tree bears this year.

RM

View attachment 93166

Today's target at 25 yards. 25 grains 3fg, .311 ball, approx .010 patch. First three shot group covered by the tape. Tapped front sight a hair to the right, fired three more, the top three. Then fired the last 2 on bottom. Dot is a 2 inch., so I'm about 1 1/8 inch right, and slightly low. Not the best group in the world but for my aging eyes good as I'm going to get right now.

I not going to have another chance this week to get back to the range so I'm just going to compensate slightly left. Squirrel season opens next Saturday. I think I'll have a decent chance at those squirrels. I'm no marksman, but can live with this group, for now anyway.
What kinda rifle are you shooting?

What kinda rifle are you shooting?
It's a rifle I built, using a Pecatonica river Andrew Verner Bucks County style stock, 13/16ths straight Rice Barrel, 42 inches long, Davis double set triggers, and a large Siler left handed lock. I bought all the parts piecemeal, and used some leftover parts from a couple other builds. A kit of sorts, but one I assembled then built, not a pre-purchase kit.

Not the best photo of it, but all I have right now.

1010201845.jpg

I can’t say enough of how I admire the skill of what you have on display, hats off to you! You have a one of a kind, accurate rifle. I hope to one day have the skill to assemble a one of a kind That fits my needs.

Thank you for the compliment. My rifle won't win any beauty contests, but I think it turned out ok.

Back