• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

.32 cal worm

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was cleaning my .32 Cherokee yesterday and realized I need the same thing, plus a .32 bullet puller. Would the thread for a 1986 ramrod also be 10-32, by any chance? Been way too long to remember.

I was cleaning my .32 Cherokee yesterday and realized I need the same thing, plus a .32 bullet puller. Would the thread for a 1986 ramrod also be 10-32, by any chance? Been way too long to remember.
Take it to Lowes or a local hardware store and see which of their thread gauges (in the fastener section) it screws onto. I keep meaning to get thread gauges to avoid this sort of trip, but just never seem to do it. :rolleyes:

Dan Fruth is the man, for authentic and practical gun worms. He can make any caliber, any thread. His are more like the old ones and much better quality than the little spring-wire gadgets that are now passed off as gun worms.

I’ll try to find his contact information.

Notchy Bob

Callahan bag molds also makes hc equipment with 10 and 8 sized shanks
And you can Google him. I’ve never delt with Dan Fruth so This shouldn’t be seen as me recommending one over the other. I sure would be interested in looking at his products.
I can say Callahan is an A1man to deal with

@tenngun is right in that Larry Callahan makes traditional gunworms. You can also get a traditional handmade worm from Cabin Creek Muzzleloading. I have no personal experience with either of those, but I have heard nothing but good about them.

I did order four worms from Dan Fruth, who is a gunsmith, blacksmith, and machinist. This photo is from his website:

tow worms 001.JPG

Mine are the simple, one-piece type, like the two on the left. The one on the far right is a combination wiper (worm) and ball puller, assembled. The third and fourth items from the left are the two pieces disassembled. The worms for the really small calibers (.32, .36, and .40) are an "auger" style, which is historically correct and functional. These are like the ones in the middle left and middle right positions in this photo:

Fruth Worms.jpg

Dan has a website, D. Fruth Firelocks. You have to scroll almost all the way to the bottom to find the worms.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

@tenngun is right in that Larry Callahan makes traditional gunworms. You can also get a traditional handmade worm from Cabin Creek Muzzleloading. I have no personal experience with either of those, but I have heard nothing but good about them.

I did order four worms from Dan Fruth, who is a gunsmith, blacksmith, and machinist. This photo is from his website:

View attachment 140343

Mine are the simple, one-piece type, like the two on the left. The one on the far right is a combination wiper (worm) and ball puller, assembled. The third and fourth items from the left are the two pieces disassembled. The worms for the really small calibers (.32, .36, and .40) are an "auger" style, which is historically correct and functional. These are like the ones in the middle left and middle right positions in this photo:

View attachment 140344

Dan has a website, D. Fruth Firelocks. You have to scroll almost all the way to the bottom to find the worms.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob
Sweet stuff there

Excellent information, Gentlemen. These are exquisite items by a fine craftsman.

In the larger calibers a ball puller works better than the normal worms I've purchased in years past. These auger types appear to be the berries.
Much appreciate your input.

Back