.31 caliber

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Billy Boy

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Long winter up here, made a nest for my ‘49. Also made a nipple wrench, screwdriver, cleaning jag, cleaning rod, form for rolling paper cartridges, and a bronze loading lever extension. I’m pleased with how 00 buck (.33) loads and shoots.

Attachments

SmokepoleSam

40 Cal
Reaction score
The Remington, it's nicer looking and has a top strap, it was my 2nd capnball. As others have said "I should have never sold it.

flinter1977

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I sold my brass framed Remington to night wolf as pictured. With shooting both I like the rem better also , but the colt does look good too

Eras Gone

Pilgrim
Reaction score
nice, which bullets do you fire in yours?

and you offer a mold to cast those bullets?
I offer a .31 conical, but I'm out of stock right now. It will be a month or two before I get them. They shoot very well in the Colt .31, but are too long to fit in the Remington .31 pocket.

saaman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
No one makes them this pretty any more--Uberti imported by Allen Firearms, Santa Fe New Mexico, 1985. Silver plated trigger guard and backstrap, charcoal blue. It has been fired a lot over the years but I have kept it clean and oiled so it retains most of the original finish.

ABCpoc.JPG

No second place

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Who also has .31 caliber pocket pistols?
Post pics if ya got em...!
here's my original vintage Colt 1849 Pocket 6-shot before I cleaned it...
View attachment 85205
and here it is while cleaning off all the corrosion...
View attachment 85206
unfortunately I cannot fire the original cylinder because I cannot get any of my percussion caps to fit the cones, so I am getting a modern cylinder fitted so I can fire this .31 pocket revolver

Fitting caps to cones/ nipples is not a problem. Details of fitting problem?...c

hrt4me

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Fitting caps to cones/ nipples is not a problem. Details of fitting problem?...c
none of my Remington nor CCI percussion caps, neither #10 nor #11, fit snugly on the cones, even if I pinch them slightly... they all simply slide off

11Bravo

40 Cal
Reaction score
My original with some silver plate still showing. It really should be in a case, any good after market ones? I'm great with metal but not so with wood ha ha. And don't sell a .31 short as my carry is 32 acp and I never felt under gunned working in NYCIMG_0040.JPG