• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

.31 caliber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Who also has .31 caliber pocket pistols?
Post pics if ya got em...!
here's my original vintage Colt 1849 Pocket 6-shot before I cleaned it...
Colt 1849 Pocket 6-shot 31 caliber a.jpg

and here it is while cleaning off all the corrosion...
Colt 1849 Pocket parts.jpg

unfortunately I cannot fire the original cylinder because I cannot get any of my percussion caps to fit the cones, so I am getting a modern cylinder fitted so I can fire this .31 pocket revolver

Last edited:
No, the chambers on this one are unusually large. A .320 ball just rolls on down to the bottom. I've been using .322 balls and they aren't exactly a tight fit.

I got this one for $60 as it was a bit rough and didn‘t work. After repairs I made new grips then color case hardened the hammer, frame and loading lever. Also did the charcoal blue on the barrel and cylinder. Lately I silver plated the grip frames. It had no manufacturing marking so other then Italian it’s a replica.
IMG_0689 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr

I do also .. Colt 3rd Generation..built under Colt license by the guy who also ramrodded the 2nd Generation for Colt and then went on to start and owns the Henry Rifle Company
View attachment 85218
That Henry company is a good-un. New York must be ticked that he's headquartered there. In fact, the Kahr guys moved over the border to Pa., because of the hostile NY atmosphere.

Back