• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

.30 cal round ball mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well in the process of acquiring a .30 cal percussion muzzleloader. Current owners does not have a mold?
Any ideas to size/diameter I would need?
Thanks

What size ball does the current/previous owner use or suggest? For reference I use swaged 1-1/2 buckshot (.310” diameter) from Ballistic Products in my 32. They have 2-1/2 buckshot (.290” diameter) available in 8 pound containers. Nearly 1500 roundballs for $38.

The Ballistic Products buckshot at 0.290" diameter sound pretty likely to be a good fit. #2 buckshot at 0.270" with a thick (0.022") patch might be a good choice for plinking and casual target shooting. #1 buckshot is 0.300" diameter. Depending on the land to land measurement of your barrel that to could be a consideration. A bag of buckshot costs a lot less than a mold and will provide a lot of shooting.

Latest posts

Back