• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

3" X 3" Cotton Cleaning Patches

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Last week I had casually mentioned I needed some more 3" X 3" cleaning patches for big bores...got home tonight and found that my sweet Wife of 38 years had about 1000 3" X 3" cotton T-Shirt cleaning patches all cut & stacked up waiting for me... :master:...she's still a keeper!!

Sounds like she's got a regular business started there. Do you think she'll give you a finders fee for the idea? :results:

Important facts - One 2XL-Tall T-Shirt yields the following:

Two sleeves are cut off and used as "pan wipe" rags for two Saturday morning range trips;

The body makes 125 large 3"x3" cleaning patches;

::

My youngest daughter make my cleaning patches ... but I have to pay her $1 per batch. She sez she needs an addition to her Doll House. ::

Roundball, now you have to go buy 8 new tee shirts as replacements! By the way just got my order from October Country, the brass rod is first rate I like the knurled grip. The fit under the barrel is perfect. Thanks for the heads up on the quality. Nice touch they through in a few pieces of wrapped candies. Uncrichie...

Roundball, now you have to go buy 8 new tee shirts as replacements! By the way just got my order from October Country, the brass rod is first rate I like the knurled grip. The fit under the barrel is perfect. Thanks for the heads up on the quality. Nice touch they through in a few pieces of wrapped candies. Uncrichie...

Yes, the cross-hatch grip area is great...did you get a solid or a tubular rod?

John & Linda seem to be excellent people, and they make excellent products...the piece of hard candy is a "signature" touch of theirs.

The bad news is their last day is November 8th...they've sold October Country to new owners and will be moving to South Idaho then...one of the things in particular John was going to personally do was teach the new owner (also named John) how to make those ramrods.

John is keeping / moving the powder horn business with him and will continue to sell them through OC...he's made a couple of beautiful little pocket priming horns for me with 3grn plunger dispensers on them.

Roundball- does the 3 grain plunger throw the right amount of 4f for priming pan?

Roundball- does the 3 grain plunger throw the right amount of 4f for priming pan?

They've been perfect for me...used them for going on 4 yrs and 4000 shots...fills a TC flintlock pan half full...couldn't be more pleased with the simplicity and consistency.

Roundball, got the solid brass rod. If it proves to be too heavy in the field I'll try the aluminum and use the brass one for a range rod. I also got a small pan charger but found it only uses 4f and I use 3f for pan and main load. Anyone know of a mod that will allow the 3f to be used instead of 4f? Uncrichie...

Roundball, got the solid brass rod. If it proves to be too heavy in the field I'll try the aluminum and use the brass one for a range rod. I also got a small pan charger but found it only uses 4f and I use 3f for pan and main load. Anyone know of a mod that will allow the 3f to be used instead of 4f? Uncrichie...

You came to the right place...at the top of this Forum, the 'Possibles Shop' carries both a 90grn brass pan charger with 3grn dispenser for 4F, and a slightly larger brass pan charger for 120grns 3F, with corresponding size tip to dispense 3F granulation.
:redthumb:

They've been perfect for me...used them for going on 4 yrs and 4000 shots...fills a TC flintlock pan half full...couldn't be more pleased with the simplicity and consistency.

:thanks: Gotta get one of those...

Back