• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

3 times is the charm 3-shot contest again... again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
This one goes until the end of November. :thumbsup:

3 shots
offhand
25 yards
any frontloader

Take 3 shots at your favorite paper target.
Measure all 3 shots.
Add all 3 together for your score.
PT me with your score and tell me what gun, sights, and projectile you used.

Most of ya probly know the rules by now. :haha: There ain't very many.

Have at it!:hatsoff:

edit: NEW RULE: You can enter more than once if you use a different gun.

You can sure try. :youcrazy:

But, if you tie yourself, there'll hafta be a shoot-off to see which one of ya wins. :haha:

"If ya tie yourself" now that's a challange. I'll at least have to try one rifle. Never shot against myself before. Might be a new challenge. Thanks Jethro, Jim

I'll hafta toss in an "I'll try" rather than "I'm in". I think I'm going to have a bit more time soon, so I should be able to get back out shooting again.

How can I pass this up? I always need a good reason to pull out the smoke pole. Heck, maybe even Grey Whiskers will pass me up on this one! :wink:

Yep. I'll put myself in the "I'll try" column. If the PGC doesn't finish rebuilding the range, I'm gonna have trouble again (couldn't get it done last month).
Pete

Usually it would take me to mid November to decide
which flintlock to use, now I take all of them!!!
Hot Damn!!!

Jethro: I'm asking this because of the thread in General Muzzleloading about the Merit Optical disc.
Would that device be "legal" in our three shot and the monthly one shot matches?
Pete

Pete D. said:
Jethro: I'm asking this because of the thread in General Muzzleloading about the Merit Optical disc.
Would that device be "legal" in our three shot and the monthly one shot matches?
Pete

Yes for the 3-shot. :thumbsup:

No for the duel. :nono:

One thing to think about is that if you are using a peep sight the Merit disc will gain you little if anything since the peep is for all intents and purposes is a diopter. It may work with a ghost ring type peep but I really don't know.

No, I don't have a peep on the gun. I'm not sure that I'll use it, though I do want to give it a try.
It's essentially what dedicated shooting glasses are (like Knobloch offers) but way less $ and way less adjustable; quite functional in any case.
There is a similar item (Hawkeye shooter's optic) that is non-adjustable and costs only $20.
Pete

Yep. Any forum member is welcome to come out and play. We'd be glad to have ya.:thumbsup:

This one goes until the end of November. :thumbsup:

3 shots
offhand
25 yards
any frontloader

Take 3 shots at your favorite paper target.
Measure all 3 shots.CLARIFICATION: You measure all 3 shots from the center of the target to the center of the hole. (Thanks,GW, for bringing this possible miss-understanding to my attention).
Add all 3 together for your score.
PT me with your score and tell me what gun, sights, and projectile you used.

Most of ya probly know the rules by now. :haha: There ain't very many.

Have at it!:hatsoff:

NEW RULE: You can enter more than once if you use a different gun.[/b]

Back