• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

3 Firsts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Shot a buck this morning with a .54 Renegade that I bought on Monday. First deer with rifle . First deer with patched round ball and first deer with my homemade black powder.

Attachments

• AFC254F2-AB6C-4926-B2F6-C7531B2597D2.jpeg
    AFC254F2-AB6C-4926-B2F6-C7531B2597D2.jpeg
    849.7 KB · Views: 4
Shot a buck this morning with a .54 Renegade that I bought on Monday. First deer with rifle . First deer with patched round ball and first deer with my homemade black powder.
The one that impresses me the most is using your homemade powder. Congrats.

BTW, that deer looks almost black. Neat-looking. :thumb:

Impressive. Butcher it and cook it yourself and you will be close to fully "vertically integrated".

Isn't it great to be self reliant!

I like to say: Expect to self rescue. No one is coming.

Impressive. Butcher it and cook it yourself and you will be close to fully "vertically integrated".

Isn't it great to be self reliant!

I like to say: Expect to self rescue. No one is coming.
I process deer myself . Always have . I learned last year that a air fryer works great for cooking deer meat . FBC

Way to go!
I'd like to read more about your home brewed BP
The forum does not want black powder making taught on here . I watched YouTube videos by a guy called Hoffman reproductions . I ordered from Amazon the potassium nitrate and sulfur , 5 pound and 2 pound bags together for 30 something dollars plus a little for shipping . It's super easy to do . I made my charcoal from the red heart wood from a dry eastern red cedar log . FBC

Latest posts

Back