• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

3 Bison Powder Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The horned toad says we should go to Mexico.
No, not three bison horns. One horn, three bison.
This was just finished up for one of our brothers who reached out to me. I made him a mostly white/ mottled flattish horn with a nice curve to it. Carries close to the body.
Scrimed with a standing bison and a bison skull with eagle feathers. The wooden base is made from mesqueite wood with a buffalo nickel inlay. The base is set in place with bees wax. The boarder is barbed wire scrim and forged tacks.
The spout end was made from some of my older, weathered white tail antler. And it's held in place as a screw tip.

Attachments

• 001 (1024x768).jpg
    001 (1024x768).jpg
    386 KB · Views: 256
  • 002 (1024x768).jpg
    002 (1024x768).jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 250
  • 003 (1024x768).jpg
    003 (1024x768).jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 004 (1024x768).jpg
    004 (1024x768).jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 245
  • 009 (1024x768).jpg
    009 (1024x768).jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 240
Id just like to say thanks to Ames. I sent him the ideas as I like Buffalo. Ames also had some input that I liked after I sent him the info. I have several pics on the wall at my house with Buffalo in them. After seeing his work in other threads I decided to have him do a horn for me. He did a great job and I cant wait to get the horn to see it in person. Thanks again Ames

I just received my horn from Ames. Pictures dont do his work justice. My horn is beautiful. Anyone who gets a horn from Ames has a treasure from a true craftsman. His work is outstanding.

It just got delivered, 10 days, not the three it should have been. At least it got to its new home in one piece. Thanks Bigal52 for your patience.
I'm done with the USPS until they get their grits together on this shipping problem.
Changed my latest shipment. Went out Monday, UPS. They said 4 days to New Mexico. Already their system changed it to 7 days. :mad:
I'm going to start driving these myself. Delivery will be about $800, but when I say 2 days its 2 days!:p

Last edited:
Wow, that is just incredible. I like your photography too... clearly you have an artistic flair. While I consider myself fairly "handy" and sometimes "crafty," my craftsmanship is more about function than form because I have barely any artistic skills whatsoever. I once drew a stick figure. It was pretty good.

Back