• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

2x4 Shoot, ends June 30, 2012

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks,Jethro, Good, I believe that's the way it should be. One board per gun.
Deadeye

Dead eye..stapled a sheet of white paper up to see where I was missing......
the wood shredded it..stapled a card board box over that during the benched test...This was a test benched to see how few it took with the flint 54......the number of holes in the off hand is not a good indication on the number of shots taken..
Notice I angled the camera so as not to show directly behind my
off hand 2 x4..Look again!

It's one and done for me!

Jethro will get my score when I send in my flint pistol and smoothbore count...

Did not mean to stir the pot ...this was for my curiosity to see how few it took when all the stars aligned.
My off hand shooting is average on a good day!Maybe..Just ask Jethro..HaHa!
Need to spend ton's more time dry firing to get good!
This is a fun shoot!
Let's keep it that way :thumbsup:

More powder more lead!

DSCN1724.jpg

:grin:

Skunky..Your shooting some big balls there :shocked2: ..
Looking good! :thumbsup:

Looks like 2 hits with those big blue balls was all it took, wonder if he missed any????
Deadeye

Jethro, have you moved or changed your address?
I sent a letter to
Jim Green
P.O. Box 22
Pekin, Il.61555-0022
It came back today with a sticker that reads
return to sender, not deliverable as addressed, unable to forward.
Deadeye

Yep. Sorry. My P.O. box ran out at the end of May and I haven't renewed it yet. Will have a new one before the next contest.

I'm thinking The Miss's hitum in the head with fry pan as he was walking in from the last Rondy.
Heard he was and now living in a van down by the river! :shocked2: :grin:
Just Sayin :haha:

:( looks like I will be sitting this one out again. Stupid wild fire season shut down the dessert for target shooting and I hafta wait till that ends.. :cursing: :td:

(unless one of my phoenix metro area located brethren can give me a location legal to shoot at 2x4's at. I haven't tried the Rio Salado range due to the fee, but I doubt they will let me shoot at 2x4's there...)

OK fellers, thanks for waiting...
Here are the official results;

And the winner in the rifle division is..... Skunkskinner with a 6 :hatsoff:
He did it with his .50 rifle

.2 deadly caintuck 9 with a .50 Lyman
.3 powder jack 10 with a .40 Tip Curtis flintlock
.4 makeumsmoke 12 with his .54 rifle
.5 MDK WV 19 with a .62 flint Renegade

(sorry powder jack, your other rifle didn't meet the rules criteria.)

Smoothbore, only one entry...
grzrob with a 15 :hatsoff:

He's claimin' it took 15 shots but only 6 hits. He was shootin' his Bess.

Pistol, again only one entry...
makeumsmoke scored a 26 :hatsoff:

shootin' a CVA Trapper pistol

Now, you old pros with the low scores can share your secrets (or not :wink: ) with the rest of the crowd.

Thanks for playin' :hatsoff:

Congratulations to all the winners. :hatsoff: :applause:
I had been staying up late at night for several weeks thinking on what I was going to spend my prize money on, but I don't have to worry about that now. :haha:

Jethro, I shot a smoothbore flintlock, so grizrob did have some competition, just not much. :rotf:

Good shooting every one.

Jethro, i shot the wood the skinny way this time. Not a secret just something i never figured out in the first shoot :haha:

I couldn't get mine shot; the range is closed down for most of the summer for some construction. I look forward to the next 2x4 shoot. And I look even more forward to simply the next shoot. Range should be open at least by the end of August.

Hey Hanshi..Just Say'in
You could just practice on the floor joist in the basement! :rotf:
Just pretend they are 2x4'S Plenty to shoot done there! :grin:

shot my wood on edge..found out I could still put a round ball into a previous hole :youcrazy:

Back