• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2x4 Shoot, ends June 30, 2012

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garry r said:
i gotta ask a dumb question . whats a PT?
Private Topic;
It's like an in-forum email.
Just hold the cursor on the blue "user options" box under a members name then click;
"send user a PT"

makeumsmoke said:
CVA BlunderBuss 0000 buck shot..10 each....Just to much fun!
January 2012
IMG_19162.jpg
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Throws a 10" pattern at 10 yards..great for clearing the deck's! :grin:

I took pictures but I found out cannot post them from my computer without a photo hosting site (which i do not have) oh well. So here I go with X shots from a 50 caliber percussion Lyman great plains rifle "stuffed" with 50 grains of FFg powder behind a hand cast patched .490 round ball fired with CCI magnum #11 caps I cut the board horizontally. -Caintuck rifle

OK there's 2 stacks of firewood. :thumbsup:

Please don't post the number of shots taken. Just send me the info in a private topic and I'll post them at the end of the contest.
If everybody knows how many shots it took you some of 'em might not bother to enter. :idunno:

This is my favorite member shoot!..
It's the last sliver of wood that eats the most lead.. :rotf:
What not to do... :youcrazy: (lesson from last year)
nail 2x4 to plywood board
use tape sticky tape for aming point
shoot it at 50 instead of 25 yards
I'm here to make the rest of you guy's look good! :rotf:

last 2 X 4 shoot..
start...
IMG_0423.jpg
durning..
IMG_0429-1.jpg

after
IMG_0435.jpg

More powder more lead!

This improves my shooting...Thank's for running the show Jethro!

Heading out the door to shoot the 54 flint& 50 cal flint cva trapper pistol...can't wait!.....Toothpicksrus! :grin:

54 cal t/c flint 1-70 gm 32" bbl.
IMG_24881.jpg

Wanted to do a test on how few shots it would take benched..
score 7-6-7 the 2 sevens were with one miss each :surrender:

before
IMG_24891.jpg

after..
IMG_24901.jpg

this is what the off had looked like ...

IMG_24871.jpg

burned a pound of powder ..it was a gorgous day at the shack!.No bugs clouds and sun 72 degrees! stiff headwind to remove smoke!

next trip..cva trapper 50 cal flint!Game ON!

I went out today with my flintlock T/C Renegade with a .62 cal. GM smoothbore mounted. It was a nice day at the shooting range, I had it all to myself and I succeeded in making splinters. Jethro said he would decide on the categories after he receives the results. I would like to enter the category of everyone shooting the 2x4 contest at the Pleasant Creek shooting range in WV on June 2, 2012 @ 11:00am category.
:rotf:

Nice try MDK. :rotf:
I was thinkin' more along the lines of rifle, pistol, smoothbore... :hmm:

Smoke, judging from the cardboard backing looks like you only had 2 or 3 "hits" to cut the benched
2x4 and 3 or 4 hits to cut the off hand. If the balls are in the same holes I'd think they wouldn't have cut much. Just trying to understand the few holes. I haven't tried it yet.
Deadeye

So Jethro, I guess this isn't one of those,"set it up & shoot it in two", but one of those "shoot til you get a good one and send that one in". Making it more of a "who has the time and the powder and balls to shoot til you get a good one"
Which way did you intend it? I'm not complaining, I've got the time and the powder and balls.
Deadeye

Well, I guess I forgot to say...
I had intended it to be a one-try-per-gun thing. Then, if you want to try again, grab another board and a different gun and have at 'er again.
:hmm: I'm thinkin' a 4-bore might be a good choice... :wink:

Sounded like makeumsmoke only shot one 2x4 in half off-hand with his .50 Hawken so he should be according to plan. Benched ones don't count.

Back