• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2x4 Shoot, ends June 30, 2012

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Here's what y'all been waiting for. The official rules for the May/June 2x4 shoot.

The target is a standard lumber-yard pine dimensional lumber 2X4.
A line, dot, or other sighting point may be placed on the 2x4.

The target 2X4 may be planted in the ground with no more than 4 feet above ground level. Or, if your ground is too hard, or if you're not allowed to dig a hole at your range, you may lean a 4-foot 2X4 up against something, like your brother-in-law's truck (just kiddin' ) , to hold it up. You can build a base. Stick one end in a concrete block. Be creative, just have 4 feet of 2X4 showing to shoot at.
The 2x4 is to be held in the vertical position during the shooting.

Distance is 25 yards.

Offhand.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Any traditional muzzleloading firearm firing a single projectile.(No cannons)

Any sights.

Only registered forum members may participate.

The object is to shoot the 2X4 in two with the least number of shots. Count your shots as you try to chop down the "post" with your muzzleloader. Count shots fired, not just the hits, the misses too!

Don't mail the post! Send me a PT before the end of June, 2012. No postage due. Tell me the number of shots it took to cut down your post and what gun/load you used to do it with. I'll split 'em up according to categories depending on who shoots what and post the results at the end of the contest.
Each members score will be posted at the end of the contest.

You may enter more than one gun with a separate post for each.

Have fun! Shoot safe! :hatsoff:

What, no Nock Volley Gun???? :idunno:

Oh yeah, single projectile rule... :surrender:

That would be cool tho.

I'll be shooting.rifle,pistol and fowler..all flint :grin:
shooting at edge harder to hit... quicker to split. :wink:
Maybe this time I'll shoot them at 25 yards instead of 50 :doh:
More powder more lead!

I hope y'all have a hoot'n good time. And, that there are more than three shooters. I'll be going back to work after my cardio rehab is completed this month. Plus, I'll be moving and putting stuff into storage until my new place is built. It's moving along real fast and mid July looks good. All my stuff if either in storage or at my sons place so I'll get no shooting until August or so. So, bust up 'em 2 X 4's.

Mad Man..Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip...
Take to take a rehab vacation to Wisconsin. :thumbsup:
I'll supply all the lead and powder .
I could use some competition. :grin:
Speedy recovery to you!....dan

It will probably be June anyway before I get a chance to shoot; breathing room. I WILL be in this shoot even if I have to cheat. :td:

It will probably be June anyway before I get a chance to shoot; breathing room. I WILL be in this shoot even if I have to cheat. :td:

garry r said:
can i get in on this?

Yep. You're a member ain't ya? :grin:
Just send me a PT by the end of June and let me know how many shots it takes you to shoot your 2x4 in half. :thumbsup:

Well the Nock Volley gun is not mine and it is out of action at this time, If course at seven shots every time you pull the trigger, you had better cut the board in two with the first volley because your shots double with your next shot!

CVA BlunderBuss 0000 buck shot..10 each....Just to much fun!
January 2012
IMG_19162.jpg

Back