• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2nd time out using the Lyman's Great Plains Rifle....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Powder Maniacat? :D

Attachments

• BPMC.JPG
    BPMC.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 48
I don't know if I missed your video on the aiming of the GPR but would be interested if you did anything to the front sight or the buckhorn sight. I got the smaller version of the buckhorn sight along with the installed bigger version, with the GPR. I am using the bigger version and align the front with the notch in the back. Did you try both?

I don't know if I missed your video on the aiming of the GPR but would be interested if you did anything to the front sight or the buckhorn sight. I got the smaller version of the buckhorn sight along with the installed bigger version, with the GPR. I am using the bigger version and align the front with the notch in the back. Did you try both?
Currently...the front and the buckhorn sights are still on the gun. I've featured it in 5 videos so far ( 2 of them hasn't been posted yet ) and haven't sat down and sighted it in yet. No filing or any adjustments yet. I can hit targets much better with the buckhorn sights, so, I don't see it coming off the gun anytime soon. I'll post the 2 remaining fun videos in a few weeks. Thanks for asking.

Currently...the front and the buckhorn sights are still on the gun. I've featured it in 5 videos so far ( 2 of them hasn't been posted yet ) and haven't sat down and sighted it in yet. No filing or any adjustments yet. I can hit targets much better with the buckhorn sights, so, I don't see it coming off the gun anytime soon. I'll post the 2 remaining fun videos in a few weeks. Thanks for asking.

Although I really liked the buckhorn rear sight on my GPR cap lock, it wouldn't hold zero and thus, replaced it with the primitive sight. As I think I shot much better with the buckhorn, I'm going to give serious thought to replacing it and using a drop of cyanoacrylic glue to anchor the elevation in place once I re-sight it.

Although I really liked the buckhorn rear sight on my GPR cap lock, it wouldn't hold zero and thus, replaced it with the primitive sight. As I think I shot much better with the buckhorn, I'm going to give serious thought to replacing it and using a drop of cyanoacrylic glue to anchor the elevation in place once I re-sight it.
Let us know what you think after you try it out....

BP MS, I'm sorry to say, there's bad news and some OK news on the Investarms buckhorn sight. In searching for that sight, I found another Investarms primitive sight, which is OK, but not what I wanted. The bad news is that I threw the buckhorn sight away after replacing it with a primitive sight since it wouldn't hold zero. Was that stupid or what?

BP MS, I'm sorry to say, there's bad news and some OK news on the Investarms buckhorn sight. In searching for that sight, I found another Investarms primitive sight, which is OK, but not what I wanted. The bad news is that I threw the buckhorn sight away after replacing it with a primitive sight since it wouldn't hold zero. Was that stupid or what?

Yikes??? !!! ???
Hmmm.....Lymans would probably sell you another one reasonable.....if you think it would help your performance....

If you still had it, I would have traded sights with you in a heart beat.

B P M S, I've already written to Lyman re the buckhorn sight and am awaiting their reply, which I'm sure will take some time. If I don't hear from them by next Friday, I'll telephone them at their customer service no.

Back