• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2nd time out using the Lyman's Great Plains Rifle....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use .480 round balls and the red striped ticking. I believe its .014 thickness. Today..I was using the thinner muslin material and hitting the targets 80% of the time. I'm probably going to start using that more often. Easier to load.
From a frustrating previous experience, if the patch/ball combination is too tight then this might lead to your ramrod giving up, the stock ramrod is best kept securely in the pipes and a range rod substituted, even more so for extended use. I know it's something else to carry, especially in the field, but there's nothing worse than your ramrod letting go mid-match!! Enjoyed the video by the way, your enthusiasm is definitely contagious!

From a frustrating previous experience, if the patch/ball combination is too tight then this might lead to your ramrod giving up, the stock ramrod is best kept securely in the pipes and a range rod substituted, even more so for extended use. I know it's something else to carry, especially in the field, but there's nothing worse than your ramrod letting go mid-match!! Enjoyed the video by the way, your enthusiasm is definitely contagious!
I have broke the rods several times..never in match though. I seldom get in matches anyway. I've added fiberglass rods to the guns & never broke one of those yet. They are indestructible! Thanks for watching the vids...

My wooden rod stays home. For display purposes only.

I love that little microphone setup. I can now film videos with the strongest winds blowing, something I couldn't do before. I'm using a 3/4" English flint. So far...the butt plate isn't problem. It might be once I can start shooting with out a sweater or jacket on. I'll find out in month or so....Thanks for watching....
Mark,

I forgot to mention that I give your new mic setup a “2 thumbs up!” You came in loud and clear with no real wind noise or any other distraction. Sounded great!:thumb::thumb:

‘Poet

Mark,

I forgot to mention that I give your new mic setup a “2 thumbs up!” You came in loud and clear with no real wind noise or any other distraction. Sounded great!:thumb::thumb:

‘Poet
That is what I was hoping for when I bought them last morth. In the past....when ever the wind was blowing, I couldn't hear any talking on videos due to the howling of the wind on camera. I deleted lots of videos due to that distraction. Not any more....!! Thanks for watching....

I love that little microphone setup. I can now film videos with the strongest winds blowing, something I couldn't do before. I'm using a 3/4" English flint. So far...the butt plate isn't problem. It might be once I can start shooting with out a sweater or jacket on. I'll find out in month or so....Thanks for watching....
I took my GPR out to the range for the first time after testing flint sparking and it was so comfortable in a t-shirt. florida is nice most of the time. Do you have a video on what you did when you unpacked and the steps to prep for shooting (flint, frizzen, etc.)? Thanks for the videos, you are a natural showman.

1617236523372.gif

I took my GPR out to the range for the first time after testing flint sparking and it was so comfortable in a t-shirt. florida is nice most of the time. Do you have a video on what you did when you unpacked and the steps to prep for shooting (flint, frizzen, etc.)? Thanks for the videos, you are a natural showman.
He is fast......@Grenadiar1758 beat me to it:
Enjoy....

Hm, @ormond tony, how about checking out @B P Maniac Shooter's first thread?

Lymans Great Plains Rifle Opening and Testing.... | The Muzzleloading Forum

Grenadier1758
Nec Aspera Terrant

Mark,

Buttons and photo arrived, safe and sound! Many thanks! The autographed photo of a Kentucky gentleman was a nice surprise! I have attached a photo of another, proudly displaying my new BPMS button! Keep those excellent videos coming, Brother!

‘Poet

Attachments

• 60A3599F-15B4-413F-850F-DA3FFB3CE624.jpeg
    60A3599F-15B4-413F-850F-DA3FFB3CE624.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 63
@B P Maniac Shooter, we received our buttons and autograph today, my daughter is so happy that a youtuber sent us a package! 😄 Thanks Mark.View attachment 71378

Aaaah, thank you.....and.....thanks for watching the wacky fun videos...
P.S. We have a kitty almost exactly like yours...here's my little girl holding her prize...LOL

117121531_10217391894380793_1766797491579662919_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mark,

Buttons and photo arrived, safe and sound! Many thanks! The autographed photo of a Kentucky gentleman was a nice surprise! I have attached a photo of another, proudly displaying my new BPMS button! Keep those excellent videos coming, Brother!

‘Poet
Thanks my friend.....and.....thanks for watching those wacky fun videos...

Latest posts

Back