• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD 2nd Pattern Miroku Brown Bess

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftHandGuy

36 Cl.
Reaction score
A second pattern "Brown Bess" musket manufactured by Miroku of Japan.

Most of you will will already know, Miroku are the primary manufacturer of contemporary Browning and Winchester firearms. Sadly I don't think they make these any more but the quality is very high.

The Lock is marked "Tower" which is correct for a 2nd pattern Bess.

The ramrod is iron, the ramrod pipes and other furniture of the gun are brass. The lock plate is flat as is correct for a 2nd pattern.

The stock is in generally very good condition. This weapon has seen only very light duty.

The barrel is marked up as imported by Dixie Gun Works. I believe this is a legal requirement.
The brass trigger guard is "flattened". The campfire rumor is that the pattern example used by Miroku had been damaged slightly flattening the curve of the trigger guard and they faithfully reproduced what they had. I don't know if that's true.

The bore diameter is .75

The Stock is marked U.STATES.

The lock is very strong (it compares very favorably to the more modern Spanish flintlock I have for hunting) and sparks excellently.

There are some extras that will be included if you want them. There is some GOEX 3fg (for blank firing) some round balls and patches, a spare flint or two and various cleaning supplies that could accompany it. There is also a sling and frizzen cover which you can see in the pictures. Obviously the powder would only be included in any face to face exchange.

Once I decided not to hunt with it this year, I scrubbed the inside of the barrel with boiling water and soap dried, oiled, and used Birchwood Casey Barricade to treat the inside and outside of all the metalwork.

I need $800, or make me an offer!

Guy

image5.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

Thanks @Ranger94

I should add that I can ship within the lower 48 for the price of $800 - so long as your state allows you have an M/L shipped directly to you.

Thanks to those who have PMd me. I think I have answered everyone so far.

Would you be interested in trade or are you just wanting to sell.Thank you.Brian Janes.

Ok, so a few people have come in at more or less the same time with acceptable offers. I have told you if you have given me an acceptable offer!

I think the fairest thing for me to do is to say first of you I hear back from I will accept - I will then let the others know and change this listing to SOLD.

Thanks all,
Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back