• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

28ga Early Virginia came home clean but Nature Never Disappoints

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
So up at 4:15, and after being in place a couple hours, I had a good sandwich, a big cup of hot soup, and like a hammer the fatigue hits me”¦can’t hold my eyes open”¦decided I’d just “rest them” for 30 seconds. When I opened them 10 minutes later, this is what was staring at me.
My heart rate went into high gear when I saw this in the decoys, then when I clicked the remote to start the video my heart rate doubled again when I realized I’d left the camera in normal single shot mode instead of remote control video. In the quiet, still woods the shutter going off seemed very loud, the head snapped around to see what the noise was, got nervous, exited stage left...no beard, no shoot...but it made the day.
Never heard a gobble from first light until 1:00pm”¦will try again Monday.

Ah yes Roundball. The old arch nemesis of we turkey hunters....the quick "rest my eyes for 30 seconds" notion! :haha:

Been there a few times myself.

Thanks for sharing, Skychief.

Works for ducks too. Or if they just are not flying a "quick" cup of coffee will bring in a flock right over the decoys, low and slow, of course while your pouring from the thermos....and they never do seem to come back?? :rotf:

Never snoozed while after turkey but have had a few deer get by while snoozing and/or relieving myself a few hops away from the gun!

Cool pics! I got good video of my boys 1st turkey when he was 10 (14 years ago this weekend actually). Had two good toms come in from different directions and have a nice little fight just outta camera range, then they walked quickly into the hen decoy and the boy popped the big one. I was so excited for him I forgot to shoot the other one :shocked2: as my gun fell to the ground from my knees as I jumped up when his went down! On the video you can here my buddy whispering "keep callin keep callin"...that's when I realized, way too late....I had a tag too! LOL

Back