• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD $275 1851 Navy .44 Nickel plated steel frame engraved with faux ivory grips by traditions including holster

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In near perfect condition. Only thing is it’s missing the wedge screw(as pictured). Only fired a few times. I’m time and functional. Shiny bore. Beautiful engraving. Steel framed and nickel plated(not high polished in the white like the old silver models. I checked with a magnet to be sure it isn’t brass). Only selling for build funding and it’s too clean for my collection. Only about a dozen shots through it $275 shipped including a holster. Accepting all major forms of payment. Open to trades

Attachments

• IMG_3430.jpeg
    IMG_3430.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3438.jpeg
    IMG_3438.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3437.jpeg
    IMG_3437.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3436.jpeg
    IMG_3436.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3435.jpeg
    IMG_3435.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3434.jpeg
    IMG_3434.jpeg
  • IMG_3433.jpeg
    IMG_3433.jpeg
    947.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3432.jpeg
    IMG_3432.jpeg
    923.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3431.jpeg
    IMG_3431.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3429.jpeg
    IMG_3429.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
More pictures

Attachments

• IMG_3439.jpeg
    IMG_3439.jpeg
  • IMG_3440.jpeg
    IMG_3440.jpeg
    1,001.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3441.jpeg
    IMG_3441.jpeg
    941.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3442.jpeg
    IMG_3442.jpeg
    912.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3443.jpeg
    IMG_3443.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3444.jpeg
    IMG_3444.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Steel or brass nickel plated frame?
I can’t find this exact model, only the two piece grip one and it would seem that traditions themselves(as would midway and literally everyone else who sells them) do not say exactly what the frame is but judging by the reviews it’s a 50/50 split of people saying steel and brass so I can’t say for certain

I can’t find this exact model, only the two piece grip one and it would seem that traditions themselves(as would midway and literally everyone else who sells them) do not say exactly what the frame is but judging by the reviews it’s a 50/50 split of people saying steel and brass so I can’t say for certain
This is kind of a challenge determining just what the frame and parts of your Pietta revolver are made of given the numerous variations that the company has sold over the years. I believe that it is a variation of Pietta's 1851 Navy "Old Silver" .36 cal., revolver except in .44 cal. and engraved in the same polished steel as pictured below from the E.M.F. company website. Best way to find out is place a magnet on the frame.

1692736524446.png

Last edited:
This is kind of a challenge determining just what the frame and parts of your Pietta revolver are made of given the numerous variations that the company has sold over the years. I believe that it is a variation of Pietta's 1851 Navy "Old Silver" .36 cal., revolver except in .44 cal. and engraved in the same polished steel as pictured below from the E.M.F. company website. Best way to find out is place a magnet on the frame.

View attachment 247163
I can’t believe I didn’t think to try a magnet. I’ll do that as soon as I get home. Thank you for chiming in!

In near perfect condition. Only thing is it’s missing the wedge screw(as pictured). Only fired a few times. I’m time and functional. Shiny bore. Beautiful engraving. Steel framed and nickel plated(not high polished in the white like the old silver models. I checked with a magnet to be sure it isn’t brass). Only selling for build funding. Only about a dozen shots through it $275(was $400)shipped Accepting all major forms of payment.
Reup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back