• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

23 DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,
As of 10/15/2022.....It's only twenty-three days until Election Day 2022!

LD, are you insane? You posted this under General Muzzleloading, and not American Politics!

AH but this thread isn't about politics at all.... It's not about participation in the political system or and it's not even about VOTING...... It IS about Muzzleloading!

BECAUSE.... if Election Day is only 23 days away, THEN FREE TARGET HOLDER DAY IS ONLY 24 DAYS FROM TODAY!

Free Target Holder Day....what's that?

YEP, those roadside campaign posters on THICK GAUGE WIRE, in a Π shape, are often left abandoned the day following Election Day. Some jurisdictions give the candidates 24 hours after the polls close to remove them, some jurisdictions require removal to begin once the polls close, etc, so check your local regs but normally some time between November 8th and 9th, 2022, those campaign signs are UP FOR GRABS. So ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, grab those Π shaped wire holders! (the H shaped ones are generally too flimsy)

They will hold paper targets, and are hefty enough to hold steel plates on hooks. PLUS they are lightweight so you can handle several at your local woodswalk or formal shooting match. You can also use them to put up road signs directing guests to your shoot, or your historic event or rondezvous.

DON'T WAIT as your local department of Public Works or State Roads will be out collecting them up as trash.

OH and important tip, remove the actual campaign sign and discard it. Don't take that to the range as a target or target backer, otherwise somebody just might over-freak and call the cops saying "I saw [fill in politician's name here] signs with holes shot in them ; that's a death threat" yadda yadda yadda, and that will cause some stupid uproar.

I'm looking forward to getting more target stands.

LD

Hey Everybody,

LD, are you insane? You posted this under General Muzzleloading, and not American Politics!

AH but this thread isn't about politics at all.... It's not about participation in the political system or and it's not even about VOTING...... It IS about Muzzleloading!

BECAUSE.... if Election Day is only 23 days away, THEN FREE TARGET HOLDER DAY IS ONLY 24 DAYS FROM TODAY!

YEP, those roadside campaign posters on THICK GAUGE WIRE, in a Π shape, are often left abandoned the day following Election Day. Some jurisdictions give the candidates 24 hours after the polls close to remove them, some jurisdictions require removal to begin once the polls close, etc, so check your local regs but normally some time between November 8th and 9th, 2022, those campaign signs are UP FOR GRABS. So ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, grab those Π shaped wire holders! (the H shaped ones are generally too flimsy)

They will hold paper targets, and are hefty enough to hold steel plates on hooks. PLUS they are lightweight so you can handle several at your local woodswalk or formal shooting match. You can also use them to put up road signs directing guests to your shoot, or your historic event or rondezvous.

DON'T WAIT as your local department of Public Works or State Roads will be out collecting them up as trash.

OH and important tip, remove the actual campaign sign and discard it. Don't take that to the range as a target or target backer, otherwise somebody just might over-freak and call the cops saying "I saw [fill in politician's name here] signs with holes shot in them ; that's a death threat" yadda yadda yadda, and that will cause some stupid uproar.

LD
Never thought! Good tip!

They do make really great target holders. I used to go to the dump and pick up those heavy duty permanent holders like realtors use. It's easy to paint over a name and face if that bothers you. All mine got left behind when we moved.

I make mine out of 2x4's but I shoot on my own property, which is apparently an indication that I'm not a serious shooter.
NO, far from it...,

But it's just nice if you know some folks who at the last minute (which means the night before) for a woods walk, they suddenly need some target holders or taget(s) and you get word of it..., you can grab a few of the "recycled" campaign signs, and steel plates, and show up and save the event. More durable target holders at the last minute may be a problem. ;)

LD

Hey Everybody,

LD
LD, that is the best use I have ever found for those signs. Thanks for the tip!

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is a fine public service announcement. Thanks for the tip. The way it looks I am about the only person in Giles county Tennessee not running for office. And these jerks never police up their mess so now I know what to do with it. Now back to deer blind building...

033.JPG

THEN FREE TARGET HOLDER DAY IS ONLY 24 DAYS FROM TODAY!

FREE TARGET HOLDER DAY BEGINS IN JUST A FEW HOURS.....

I have mine already scoped, and I shall drive out and pick them up soon!

LD
There is a real nice big one sitting in this ranchers field. Goint to see if I can have it tomorrow. Don't wnt to go on his land and get shot at....

There is a real nice big one sitting in this ranchers field. Goint to see if I can have it tomorrow. Don't wnt to go on his land and get shot at....
YEP one of the "suggestions" as to where to get them is to avoid a person's private land. BEST grab them off the roadway "right of way" where the land is public and administered by your local road authority.

LD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back