• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

$220 Brassers at Midway

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Midway just got a bunch of cap and ballers in, and among them is a Sale on the round barrel brass frame .44 "Navy" Pietta.

I had one of these back in 2002, back when they were 99 bucks from Gander Mt . When they had that weird "44 Reb Nord Navy" name .

For $220 with free shipping, I couldn't resist. I don't see them often with the round barrel anymore and hopefully the cylinder is unengraved. It will look great with the octagonal barrel version I already have.
20220923_013421.jpg

I actually used to have a Pietta Griswold & Gunnison, back when Dixie had them. Pietta wasn't as good back then , I recall it had issues so I probably basically gave it away to someone .

Even finding the plain cylinder "Schneider & Glassick" was tough. Pietta wants to stick that engraved cylinder in everything.

If what I'm hearing from "experts" is correct, Pietta now uses a much better brass alloy in these frames, the same alloy Henry uses for their frames

I actually used to have a Pietta Griswold & Gunnison, back when Dixie had them. Pietta wasn't as good back then , I recall it had issues so I probably basically gave it away to someone .

Even finding the plain cylinder "Schneider & Glassick" was tough. Pietta wants to stick that engraved cylinder in everything.

If what I'm hearing from "experts" is correct, Pietta now uses a much better brass alloy in these frames, the same alloy Henry uses for their frames
BTW, Henry brass 'frames' on some rifles are just brass 'shells' that fit over the real actual cast metal frame. Maybe not on all Henrys, but I saw this factoid in a publication someplace, and recall it, as a friend had bought a nice little .22 Henry and I sent him the info just so he would know about it's construction.

For every person who says they shot a brasser loose in a week, there's one person that's had one since 1965 that has a zillion rounds through it and it's still tight

I'm doing my part by taking my pair of Pietta .36 Brassers with the engraved cylinders, etc and running Pyrodex, 777, and real Black through them....30gr charges sometimes, with conicals and round balls....to see if the new Pietta brassers are actually better

BTW, Henry brass 'frames' on some rifles are just brass 'shells' that fit over the real actual cast metal frame. Maybe not on all Henrys, but I saw this factoid in a publication someplace, and recall it, as a friend had bought a nice little .22 Henry and I sent him the info just so he would know about it's construction.
It makes sense. I always wondered how they're gonna make a brass framed .44 Magnum rifle

Midway raised the price to $270 and the octagon barrel brasser is now $250.....they were probably selling them like hotcakes and they decided they were going too cheap at $220

Some of the revolvers have a Quantity of 1 limit to avoid people buying to resell

Midway just got a bunch of cap and ballers in, and among them is a Sale on the round barrel brass frame .44 "Navy" Pietta.

I had one of these back in 2002, back when they were 99 bucks from Gander Mt . When they had that weird "44 Reb Nord Navy" name .

For $220 with free shipping, I couldn't resist. I don't see them often with the round barrel anymore and hopefully the cylinder is unengraved. It will look great with the octagonal barrel version I already have.View attachment 163935
Unbelievable good price! Wish I was currently able to purchase one. Have too many "irons in the fire" at the moment. Thanks for the post! Would love to have this as my first "Aging" project!

Latest posts

Back