• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

209 Primers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a very nice smoothbore double pistol, 12-bore. BUT - it is impossible to find the #209 primers!
Does anyone know WHY the primers are un-available, OR where I might obtain a box or two. Sure appreciate solving the mystery.

Seems that primers of any type for unmentionables and caps are difficult to find most anywhere. There are a few places that have them, but none in my area. I have had a standing order "wish list" with Midway now for 3 months for #11 caps. Still on order.

I have a very nice smoothbore double pistol, 12-bore. BUT - it is impossible to find the #209 primers!
Does anyone know WHY the primers are un-available, OR where I might obtain a box or two. Sure appreciate solving the mystery.
Hey Craig, S &S muzzleloader has some They are located near Rockford Ohio. S &S opens at 4pm, If they don’t I have a box or two I can part with

Awww, S. Kenton, read it after going to the PO for a money order. Pretty good seller, called me to get the address to go ahead and mail the 2 boxes.
And Ohio is, indeed, the home of the Shawnee. Problem is, I am of the Creeks (Muskogee).

Yep.

The local VA took had xrays done of my friend Ralphs chest two years running. They filed the xrays and neglected to tell Ralph about the big spot on his lung. That killed Ralph.
It is stuff like that, particularly at the Jack Montgomery Hospital in Muskogee, that gives the whole VA a bad name. That place needs ALL of the hired help fired, new staff hired on.
Few years back, when I did live in Weleetka, I went to the VA in Muskogee for some help with my back and legs. Tons of pains, thoughts of just ending it. So, got my lab tests done, went in to see the Doc. She actually CUSSED at me as my Blood Glucose was at 110 - I had been told to take a bit of food when I took my pills, so I had a banana. When she called me an MFer for the second time, I told her she ought to be glad she was a woman, and walked out. They billed me $94.50 for the visit, which I didn't pay; they finally took it out of my SS!
So, my kids moved me here, where I have no friends, but the VA is great! First thing they did was take a look at my spinal xrays, and my heart, and declared me 100% disabled due to Agent Orange. Fixed the hole in my heart, tried to ease my spine, and really look after me. BUT - that damned PTSD keeps me pushing away people who get too close - like my kids!
My church people, Mennonites, do help a good deal. I cannot be a member of the church, as I am twice divorced, but I can go to church with a bunch of really good folks.

Back