• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

209 primer nipple?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byrd

32 Cal
Reaction score
Yesterday I was given 1300 209 primers! Do any of you know of a source for nipples that I can use these in? I'm shooting an Invest Arms .54 and TC & Pedersoli rifles in .45 & .50. I'd rather use them than let them sit. Appreciate it!

That is a neat idea, especially for hunting when a first shot failure to fire is unacceptable.

I have several thousand 209 shotshell caps. They look just like percussion caps. These are intended for reloading battery cup shotshells. I can't imagine doing that from a tedious and safety standpoint. They are much more powerful and fragment if fired on a modified nipple. The idea of having a cap that screws over the nippple, like the previous link, might work out.

Well I ordered one to try out. It was about $30 shipped and with all the #209 primers I was given it'll save some money! I'll report back on how they perform.

I didn't. I just got the nipple for now. I'm going to try it out first to see if I like it and how it functions. I've got four other rifles I'll get them for if it works well. Then I'll get a spare cap.

I use all that stuff and 8-9 Mag Sparks on 8-9 TC Hawken/Renegade side locks so yup they work just fine /rain proof with a Taped muzzle . And yup I carry an extra cause I'm clumsy but I also carry extra flints for my SMR (Kibler) as my hands do not discriminate /Ed

Yesterday I was given 1300 209 primers! Do any of you know of a source for nipples that I can use these in? I'm shooting an Invest Arms .54 and TC & Pedersoli rifles in .45 & .50. I'd rather use them than let them sit. Appreciate it!
My American Gun Craft Diablo 12 gauge pistol uses 209 primers

Well I ordered one to try out. It was about $30 shipped and with all the #209 primers I was given it'll save some money! I'll report back on how they perform.
anyone buying a Mag Spark order a spare cap just in case ,and spit in cap and put primer in mouth an insert in nipple ,shoot all day . Skip what I said and they will stick till you need pliers ! I have bought from Warren going on 10-13 yrs and anti seize nipple and then your done . No removal/replacing needed (EVER) just pump water thru and a Q tip to clean/ Ed

I do a lot of shotgun shooting and the shooters are all looking for 209 primers at a reasonable price. They're up to around $80 a thousand now. Do the honorable thing and sell what you have to the shotgunners and use the money to buy more appropriate caps. ;)

never tried the mag-spark, I have been tempted a few times

the fellas who I talked to that do use them say those shotgun primers are a really reliable and provide fast ignition

I know they ain't HC/PC but then neither am I at this point.

I have Mag-sparks on the SxS I use to hunt ducks. It has had a 100% ignition rate, and with a little grease on each primer, they pop out just fine.

I shoot caps for fun, but they fail enough that I'd rather use the Mag-spark for hunting.

I'm sure it's not PC, but neither was the CNC machine used to cut out the stock and metal parts, or the internet I used to order everything. I'd rather bring home meat than look cool. 🤷

Latest posts

Back