2021 School of the Longhunter

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Realwarrior

Pilgrim
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm registered to attend for the first time.
Who' going? Who's been? For those that have been, any tips for newcomers? Please discuss camp setups, etc. Any suggestions, advice, tips are appreciated.

Mike Payne

36 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
My oldest son and I attended School of the longhunter a few years ago. We enjoyed it went to the lectures and learned a lot. Met a lot of good folks. The best part is not happening sadly this year the camp feast is awesome but because of covid is not scheduled .☹

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Location? Please

Mike Payne

36 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Pricketts fort state park Fairmont West Virginia.

Reactions: smo

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
No idea if it's the same as it once was, but it's primitive camping so keep any modern stuff out of sight.

Fairmon't is almost 1000 feet above sea level and it's the second week of April, SO bring a couple wool blankets or a good sleeping bag that you can squirrel away in the daytime. Along that same theme if you don't have a heavy wool coat, then be prepared to use a wool blanket as a matchcoat.

There was a pot luck "banquet" Saturday night, where folks contributed something they had cooked in their camps. It doesn't have to be fancy. No idea if any of the COVID stuff will apply there. I brought a bunch of frozen chicken legs that I thawed, and then boiled them to cook them..., then I put them on my gridiron for a minute after giving them a coating of olive oil to brown up the skin and give a smoke flavor. Must've been good as they all got eaten. ;)

LD

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info

Latest posts