• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2021 How does your garden grow

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of the garlic just got cleaned. It cured in the barn for a few weeks, but I cant keep it there when these temps hit 95 plus. Sooooo....off to the root cellar to keep until the heat blows by.
Inchelium red, Transylvanian, and a whole bushel of Chesnock red. 75 lbs so far, season is looking up.

Attachments

• DSCN0738 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCN0738 (1024x768).jpg
    542 KB · Views: 38
Unfortunately two out of three apple trees I have exploded their trunks few weeks ago. I wrapped them kind of closed with a hemp string, but they're both turning brown :-(

It looks a bit surreal to have red, almost ready to pick apples hanging on branches with curled dry brown leaves.

I'm told apple tree trunks exploding are somewhat common if there is a lot of rainfall after a period of dry and hot weather. They both just started producing good amount of fruit last year.

At last I had good crop of American blueberries. Here's a picture I took few days ago :)
20210814_023507.jpg

The cones supposedly help the soil to be more acidic as those berries like acidic soil.

Mrs 11th Corps garden produced delicious sweet corn, green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini. She was not happy with the broccoli and will not plant it again next year.

Hopefully Henri doesnt wipe out my garden, but since I live right on the oceanfront in southern Massachusetts, luck is not on my side.

I harvested what I can, some Indian Corn and pumpkins, but only a handful of beans.

We shall see what, if anything, survives. Apparently the storm is hitting during low tide, so *maybe* the surge wont get over the seawall, but it is already windy AF outside.

Back