• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2021 has started out with a bang!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

house

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well by 2020 and hello 2021. Shot this Missouri 9 pt this morning with my 50 Hawken.
IMG_20210102_150737_778.jpg

Thanks everyone. It was a great hunt. We received a good dose of ice on new year's eve and into the
next day. Then about an inch of snow on top of that on new year's. I was supposed to go into work yesterday for inventory, but with the weather our auditor put it off until noon. I decided to go out and hunt a food plot with not much left in it. They have been really hitting the turnips and groundhog radishes hard. I sat there for about 2 hours when the wind started switching. I decided to still hunt a fire lane along our property line. I had went approximately 300 yards when I heard deer coming through the pines. Here came a doe and her fawn. They crossed in front of me and into a patch of timber that has recently been logged. As I stood and watched them go off on their merry way I heard another deer approaching. It turned out a 9 pt point that I had pictures of last back in September came making his way out of the thick mess. As he crossed onto our property I waited till he gave me an open shot and busted him through the shoulders with a .490 RB and 60 grns of triple f. There he laid. It was a great way to start the new year. I got him home in time to hang, skin him, and still make it into work on time.

You certainly did a great job in bringing that big boy down. That's quite an impressive rack, IMO. Congratulations!

Latest posts

Back