• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2020 rooster.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Growing up across the Hudson River from New York City we had Pheasants in the swamps, which are now known as "meadow lands". That was back in the 50's and 60's. We could still hunt Pheasants into the 70's in New Jersey, then the tree huggers got their way, don't shoot hawks or owls, and don't wear fur. The state of Pennsylvania closed a Pheasant farm. There was no use to raise Pheasants to feed the predators. I have to travel to a state park that the state still stocks. I haven't seen a grouse in about 10 years, and never came across a woodcock. Some time back an old time recounted to me about the grouse and wood cock hunting here. Thank god for squirrels and rabbits, overloaded with deer, coyotes, foxes, feral cats, etc.

Great hunt and nice bird. A partner beside you can spot where a bird falls by looking around your smoke. Really need that with dove hunting acct they can be hard to find on the ground.

Well that was awesome.
20201018_185335.jpg

Washed and cleaned pheasant fried in olive oil and garlic salt and black pepper.
Whilst still tender a can of bacon and lentil soup was added along with a few course cut boiled potatoes. Salt to taste.

Just on slight issue.....got to get another bird now....😁

Latest posts

Back