• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

2019 flintlock buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great story Skychief. Appreciate you sharing your success, congratulations! Beautiful buck, and with a flinter! Nicely done. Cheers

Thank you for the replies all.

I don't know Mike as I've not bothered laying a ruler to the rack.

Best regards, Skychief.

PS, his teeth showed that he was 5 1/2 or 6 1/2 years old according to a biologist/taxidermist.

Last edited:
Wow! Very nice buck, and a great story. Thank you for sharing it. Well done holding out for a better shot, many would not have had the self discipline to pass that shot with a bow. Good for you.
I guess this answers the question I've been wondering about regarding your eyes and if you are shooting again.

I didn't mention, though it might be of interest to some, my rifle had been loaded since mid November until fired during the hunt yesterday.

I took no special precautions besides using a cow's knee in a few light rains and a good bit of heavy drizzles. When the time arrived, she fired with no lag nor hesitation.

Flintlocks are more reliable than some would have you believe.

Long live the flintlocks!!!!!!

Now, back to regular programming......:thumb:

Skychief, you really did kill "El Macho Grande". If I'd seen him I'd have surely fallen out of my seat. Congratulations on a true "monster" buck.

Back