• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

20 ga English fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
European parts shipped here in the 18 century were assembled by local gunsmiths to create guns like this, and were sometimes called smooth rifles. Longer barreled versions would be called fowlers. The style of the lock and trigger guard are English, the stock is in the style of Lancaster Pennsylvania, from roughly the 1770 time period.
You did very well with your purchase, though I'd be tempted to re-shape and maybe even carve a nice piece of wood like that. This is a pic of a similar one I made using German parts.
IMG_0479.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    447.3 KB · Views: 61
You should probably know that we all hate you... I think you made a great find there. Every once in awhile the stars all line up right. I wouldn't touch a thing other than cleaning her up and then time for shooting.

Back