• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

19th Century EDC Scenario

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does one conceal 12 revolvers on the person?

The old adage is still true: the fastest reload is another gun.
they were thrifty at those times.. :) it was a joke.. todays public opinion is so concern about one carry gun..
I work as a Security Guard and think
better more than less...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is something I will be bringing with me.. paper cartridges ready to go..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 12.42.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 12.42.21 AM.png
    575.8 KB · Views: 49
That Tranter looks delicate! I'd go with either an 1851 Navy, 1860 Army, or a Griswold and Gunnison since I am a rebel at heart.

I don't know about the delicate, does look different, but cool.

I have the 49, 3 ea 51's, a 58. Now what is getting to me is how different one of my "what I called a 51" is different. Brass frame, round barrel, 44, front 2/3 of the cylinder is a bigger dia. :rolleyes: Southern gun?

I was born in Yank land but got here fast as I could :) So central KY now.

If you got 12 guns is like having spare 4/5 Glock 22 magazines.. they would come handy during a gun battle.

Man they sure did carry some weight back then. I have seen reloading with the lever, swap cyls but that was all hollywierd :)

The old adage is still true: the fastest reload is another gun.
True! I'd feel better with a second, possibly a third cap & ball revolver than trying to change out a cylinder while being shot at. Even here in the real 21st Century, I carry a backup along with extra ammo. BUT, I am working on a leather cylinder pouch for 2 extra cylinders for my Rem. NMA, for a persona I'm working up in my cosplay/re-enactment/LARP group.

I don't know about the delicate, does look different, but cool.

I have the 49, 3 ea 51's, a 58. Now what is getting to me is how different one of my "what I called a 51" is different. Brass frame, round barrel, 44, front 2/3 of the cylinder is a bigger dia. :rolleyes: Southern gun?

I was born in Yank land but got here fast as I could :) So central KY now.
The brass framed 44 caliber gun is a fantasy gun. There were no 44 caliber brass framed Colt copies made for the Confederacy.

Man they sure did carry some weight back then. I have seen reloading with the lever, swap cyls but that was all hollywierd :)

Those guys back in the old days would not have been walking around with 4 or more revolvers all the time. Think about the weight factor. If they knew there was going to be some shooting they would have gathered up any extra pistols they could find ( if any could be found ), used them in the confrontation at hand, and tossed them aside as they were emptied.
Way too much trouble to maintain a bunch of guns all the time.
I suspect most of the storied about guerrillas, robbers, and soldiers carrying more than 3 or 4 revolvers at once is bunk.
Most of the multiple guns shown in period photographs were nothing more than photographer’s props, or guns belonging to friends of the subject(s) being photographed that were behind the camera.

Good point. My experience with these revolvers is from Cowboy Action Shooting. The cylinder reload is common when such is called for. I am familiar with this sort of reload being used historically, but also know that multiple revolvers was probably more common, especially during the Civil war.

It could also be said that cylinders were not as interchangeable then as now because of looser manufacturing tolerances long ago.

Allen and wheel lock double action revolver. No hammer spur to hang up in your pocket. Looks like a pepper box with a barrel on it. I think people forget the more weight you carried around, the harder it was on your horse.

Those guys back in the old days would not have been walking around with 4 or more revolvers all the time. Think about the weight factor. If they knew there was going to be some shooting they would have gathered up any extra pistols they could find ( if any could be found ), used them in the confrontation at hand, and tossed them aside as they were emptied.
Way too much trouble to maintain a bunch of guns all the time.
I suspect most of the storied about guerrillas, robbers, and soldiers carrying more than 3 or 4 revolvers at once is bunk.
Most of the multiple guns shown in period photographs were nothing more than photographer’s props, or guns belonging to friends of the subject(s) being photographed that were behind the camera.

I agree. 2 maybe, that's enough. But the movies are fun :)

They are NOT! They are built like (as we say in the US) a "Brick outhouse" [term changed slightly just in sase someone objects ;-) }
From trading Tranter built about 8000 Tranters. A few revolving rifles like I pictured and found a used one at $20K I have seen some revolvers $1600. There were repros of pistols.

Back