18th century reenacting in East Tennessee

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Big_Rubber_Duck

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info, I will actually be checking out the 2nd North Carolina at an event in early July, super excited to see what its all about.

Combat Chuck

32 Cal
Reaction score
We see the 2nd north at tons of events. I’ve been told they are our (2nd south) sister unit. Quality unit! Hope to see you out there somewhere!
PS: I’m deeply jealous of the second North’s regimental coats...

kelljp

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I live in East Tennessee and am interested in trying out 18th century reenacting. The nearest group i could readily find is The Washing County Regiment of NC militia i believe. I tried messaging them through facebook but hadn't heard anything back yet.
Anywho, are there any other groups you guys can think of that may be "nearby"? I realize that i may have to look at groups out of North Carolina, but that's not a huge deal for me I'd think.

kelljp

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info, I will actually be checking out the 2nd North Carolina at an event in early July, super excited to see what its all about.
You need to get in touch with Chad at Sycamore State park in Elizabethton TN, they host the Over the Mountain renactors group, a couple of times a year. These guys were fairly active before Covid. They had a long weekend camp at Fort Watagua a couple of weeks ago.

OhioHawkeye

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Moving to W TN myself. I have a few events I have been to and will return. I have found it is good to pick some events and make friends at those events. If there is a local historical site they will usually have something going on that you can be more involved with on a regular basis. I don't take my stuff to setup unless its at least a week as it's a lot of work for a weekend. Coming up I may try Ft. Des Charters, South Eastern Rendezvous, Alafia, and hampton. Although that will probably expand.
Anything still happening at Goodlettsville, just north of Nashville? Used to be a trade fair there every May. It was great. I've got friends scattered though that half of the state. They are rendezvouer's mostly. I stay away from Alafia...various reasons, but to each their own.

Latest posts