• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1863 Shiloh Sharps Model 100 Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was fortunate enough to pick up this fellow, a Shiloh Sharps Model 100 in 50 caliber with a serial number of 20X. I thought I would share some photo's. It was advertised as unfired and there is a full binder of correspondence between the factory and the original owner in1978-1979. All of the information that I can find lists .54 caliber bullet sizes and loads. Information in the binder Shiloh states the chamber holds 100 grains of 2F but nothing on cast bullet size.

Thanks,
O.R.

Attachments

• IMG_3804.jpg
    IMG_3804.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3805.jpg
    IMG_3805.jpg
    528.5 KB · Views: 0
I was fortunate enough to pick up this fellow, a Shiloh Sharps Model 100 in 50 caliber with a serial number of 20X. I thought I would share some photo's. It was advertised as unfired and there is a full binder of correspondence between the factory and the original owner in1978-1979. All of the information that I can find lists .54 caliber bullet sizes and loads. Information in the binder Shiloh states the chamber holds 100 grains of 2F but nothing on cast bullet size.

Thanks,
O.R.
I'd be very interested in seeing more detailed photos, specifically the barrel roll marks and receiver markings.

@thomasgunn Please see the attached. Apoligizes for the poor quality as these are the quick few I took the day that I picked it up, and it will be a bit until I can take any more. I just returned home from my 2nd shoulder replacement today.

Thanks,
O.R.

Attachments

• IMG_3785.jpg
    IMG_3785.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3786.jpg
    IMG_3786.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3788.jpg
    IMG_3788.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3801.jpg
    IMG_3801.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3802.jpg
    IMG_3802.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3803.jpg
    IMG_3803.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 0
Thomas,
Your Sharps Sporter is a knockout. I'm drooling over the pistol grip stock. Are you shooting with the stock gas check plate or have you had the breech mods done by Larry Flees or Charlie Hahn?
What sights are on your rifle? Mine is a standard sporter in .54 cal but it would like to wear a tang site and globe front site these days. I've lusted after a percussion Shiloh Gemmer for years but it never came to pass. I have a few carbines, an S.C. Robinson, #100 sporting rifle, infantry rifle, a couple of Pedersoli sporters, and a custom Garrett Sharps Business rifle all in .54 cal. I started out many years ago rolling my own flat base carts but after discovering Charlie Hahns tubes and 45 to 60 grains of 2F Swiss and my home brew bullet lube have never looked back. Happiness is a percussion Sharps. I could ramble on for hours about Sharps with no trouble. It's very satisfying to see so many others that are infected with them.

Last edited:
Back