• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

1863 IAB cavalry sight change?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there an alternative to the tiny front ànd rear ladder sights on my .54 cavalry carbine?
I don't shoot long distance always under 75yds.
Thanks

If you are having trouble seeing the sights you might try an EyePal stick on disc on your shooting glasses. Your mid-barrel rear sight should be about pistol distance I'd guess. Also you might try safety glasses with just .5 adjustment to enhance the rear sight without blurring out the target. Otherwise I think a vernier tang sight is your next choice.

I'm about to turn 60 and have noticed my rifle sights are getting less defined - I blame the gun manufacturers :)

Thanks
That's the deal I can't see the front sight well.
My TC Hawken is still perfect, large front and rear.
Need larger sights, preferable bolt on.

Is there an alternative to the tiny front ànd rear ladder sights on my .54 cavalry carbine?
I don't shoot long distance always under 75yds.
Thanks
Maybe mount a Lyman bead up front and then a tang mounted vernier sight in place of the rear which would be removed. You don’t need to shoot long ranges to realize the benefits of the peep sight.

Latest posts

Back