• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED 1861 Springfield Musket reproduction

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a reproduction Civil War 1861 Springfield Musket. Am not sure who makes the best one ( YECK, Armi Sport or.. ) so am open to all responders. Please send a pm with asking price, details, location and pics.
Thanks very kindly.

II have a unfired Dixie Gunworks 1861 made in Japan by the maker of the Browning rifles and shotguns. I have no idea what a fair price would be. Located near Buffalo NY

I have a 1861, purchased in about 1964, used, and it is an uncommon piece. I believe that the stock parts (barrel bands, etc.) are original, stamped with the "U". The lock is a Springfield. The stock is likely also original, given its barrel maker, though the inspection stamps have disappeared. The barrel is a Bill Large, 8 land & groove. At the time when Bill Large was making barrels original parts would have been widely available. It is a good shooter, but now at 86 years old, I have not shot it a number of years, and probably will never shoot it again, so am considering sending it on to a new home. It handles either Minie or patched round ball very well, though the RB may have an edge. Located southern NH.

Hi Malcolm,
just sent you a pm.

I have a 1861, purchased in about 1964, used, and it is an uncommon piece. I believe that the stock parts (barrel bands, etc.) are original, stamped with the "U". The lock is a Springfield. The stock is likely also original, given its barrel maker, though the inspection stamps have disappeared. The barrel is a Bill Large, 8 land & groove. At the time when Bill Large was making barrels original parts would have been widely available. It is a good shooter, but now at 86 years old, I have not shot it a number of years, and probably will never shoot it again, so am considering sending it on to a new home. It handles either Minie or patched round ball very well, though the RB may have an edge. Located southern NH.

Latest posts

Back