• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

1860 colt 44 short barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Got this last winter, finally got around to having Coyote Joe put a front site on it for me and shooting it in yesterday

DSCF5245.jpg

It's a sweet gun buddy.

I have two of them I use in CAS shooting. Lots of fun.

Try 30gr of 2F.

Maybe I do good with it, because I use Swiss. It's almost like 3F.

I like the combo, because it fills the chamber more. I don't like to see the ball seated too far down the chamber, and no time to mess with wads in CAS.

It's all good.

My short barrel really likes 28grs FFFg under an oxyoke lubed wad,.454 ball . 25yds shoots a nice tight group :thumbsup:

I have the 1851 short barrel in .44. Makes me grin every time I pull the trigger.

Don

That same load in my 8" Charcoal Blue '60 with the fluted cylinder works great! In fact, my son used it to tie me for 1st place last Sunday!

Dave

Boy howdy, that shore is one purdy lookin' gun!
I could see me owning one some day!
Looks like she shoots as good as she looks, too!

That's a fine lookin' '60. You may remember my posts a while back about building my bird head grip snubbie '51 from a rough Pietta kit. It was a fun project and I'm pleased with how it turned out.
Birdheadgrip.jpg

Any Mississippi Gambler would be proud to own such a fine looking weapon. :thumbsup:

I have been looking at the 1860 short-barreled Army at Cabala's too, still leaning towards the Short Barreled Remington, "But they are still on back order" Decisions,Decisions :hmm:

Hi. Do you have a photo of your front sight you had installed? Do you know someone who can make and install them. I've had an order in to Kenny Howell for about a year now, for 6 of his front sights. I can even have them installed locally - if I can just get the taller fron sights. Thanks, Rick.

mazo kid said:
That's a fine lookin' '60. You may remember my posts a while back about building my bird head grip snubbie '51 from a rough Pietta kit. It was a fun project and I'm pleased with how it turned out.
Birdheadgrip.jpg

Nicely done!!! Let me know if you get tired of it.
pence.gif

ricky said:
Hi. Do you have a photo of your front sight you had installed? Do you know someone who can make and install them. I've had an order in to Kenny Howell for about a year now, for 6 of his front sights. I can even have them installed locally - if I can just get the taller fron sights. Thanks, Rick.

I lost his phone number, but Rowdy Yates will install taller sights for you. Ask on the CAS forum. Someone will have his number.

It's not cheap.

ricky said:
Sent CoyoteJoe a private topic.
Not sure if he want to go into buisness putting on sites but can't hurt to ask and it turns you C@B into a shooter.
:thumbsup:

mazo kid said:
Birdheadgrip.jpg
Where did you get that kit?
I have yet to see one.
Did it come short and with that birds head?

Latest posts

Back