• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

1859 tower musket?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buickmarti

32 Cal.
Reaction score
For sale locally.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
Description from ad:
1859 Tower percussion cap musket Octagon barrel and modified stock. Has a crack on the stock. See picture. Has proof marks. Stock was modified for injured soldier. Five vans original ramrod great conversation And display piece.

Ever one I see online has a brass trigger guard.
What would you say it is worth?
Or would the crack make it a no deal?

Thanks,
Jon

I think it’s a Middle Eastern bring back. They had some different stock shapes over there.

Id think itd part out for much more than $200. But itd probably be worth the most as a wallhanger, to someone really into civil war curiosities. IF the ad is for real, he’s probably in the ballpark. Which begs the question, why is it still for ssle? Being that close, give him a call and find out.

And if you go, take a fridge magnet and check the trigger guard. Ive seen brass blacker than that before.

A bitsa of some sort. Possibly Belgian from an assortment of surplus parts but certainly not a Pattern 1859 of any sort. I wonder if there are any proof marks.

Looks like an Afghan Bazaar gun probably bought and sent home by a service member early in the OEF campaign when they were allowed to do that. Looks like someone took Enfield or Enfield knockoff parts and made a stock for it.

I'd pay maybe $100 for it to hang on my wall or something, I wouldn't even think about shooting it.

Back