• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1858 Remmy Shortie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recall someone had a Remmy Shortie a while back and he sold it, causing him to have buyers remorse later. He said he would want another if he found one. If ya see this PM me, I think I found one for ya.
Sorry, me CRS has advanced to CRAFT, bad memory.

Attachments

• opt_100989499_15589_EB3AFBC8EFC37D61.JPG
    opt_100989499_15589_EB3AFBC8EFC37D61.JPG
    3.1 KB · Views: 93
Blogman, good lookin pocket. Mine is still under construction but came just as yours did ... brasser Peitta that has been under change from day one.

Be fun to hear how she shoots ... keep us posted.

I saw a brasser snubbie just like that. I passed because I was not sure how the cylinder pin would stay in place when fired.
Am I missing out on something, because otherwise I would have bought it?

If you tap on my picture it will enlarge the you will see the cylinder pin has a notch and the ram has a catch like on the other end of a full size ram. Michael "Tinker" Pierce over on "The High Road Forum" made mine for me. He has done several different styles. My catch was the lastest type and he's suck with that style for now.

Thanks, but I was referring to the picture of the brass revolver.
Handled one at the local pawn shop. Identical to the picture. You could pull out the cylinder pin real easy.
Not sure how the pin would stay in place under recoil.

Hello snubnose57,

I've seen guys put a small detent in the cylinder pin with a vlier pin mounted above.
When the ball of the viler pin hits the detent, it holds the pin in place. Also Howell's
makes a Cylinder Quick Release which mounts on the rammer mounts.

AntiqueSledMan.

Hello snubnose57,

I've seen guys put a small detent in the cylinder pin with a vlier pin mounted above.
When the ball of the viler pin hits the detent, it holds the pin in place. Also Howell's
makes a Cylinder Quick Release which mounts on the rammer mounts.

AntiqueSledMan.

I’d like to know more about this Vlier tool and detent.

Latest posts

Back