• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD 1858 Remington by pieta/Dixie gun works "shooters" model.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am just testing the waters to see if there is any interest in my "shooters" edition Remington replica. They aren't cheap. Dixie sold them for just over a grand and that was a long time ago. Mine has some very light wear, but has been meticulously maintained and cared for. If there is anyone wanting to shoot BP competitively, this will get you there. Will provide pictures upon request. I wouldn't consider taking less than $850. Anyways, thanks for reading my ad, and I'd appreciate any offers or feedback (respectful feedback, that is).

I am just testing the waters to see if there is any interest in my "shooters" edition Remington replica. They aren't cheap. Dixie sold them for just over a grand and that was a long time ago. Mine has some very light wear, but has been meticulously maintained and cared for. If there is anyone wanting to shoot BP competitively, this will get you there. Will provide pictures upon request. I wouldn't consider taking less than $850. Anyways, thanks for reading my ad, and I'd appreciate any offers or feedback (respectful feedback, that is).
IMG_20210924_115009441.jpg
IMG_20210924_115114085.jpg
IMG_20210924_115100386.jpg
IMG_20210924_115328634.jpg
IMG_20210924_115131489.jpg

Forgive my horrible photography. There are some slight wear marks and a spot of blueing that made a weird pattern on the frame where the barrel meets. You can hardly notice it in the daylight, but shows up on camera. I have shot the pistol many times, but clean and care for it immediately after use. I know this is a high asking price, but these truly are competition grade pistols. They rarely come up for sale on the secondary market. Dixie gun works takes a stock pietta and super fine tunes the trigger pull, puts a quick twist barrel on them, perfects the timing and tightens up all the gaps. Silver trigger guard and a trigger travel arrest stud finish it out.

Forgive my horrible photography. There are some slight wear marks and a spot of blueing that made a weird pattern on the frame where the barrel meets. You can hardly notice it in the daylight, but shows up on camera. I have shot the pistol many times, but clean and care for it immediately after use. I know this is a high asking price, but these truly are competition grade pistols. They rarely come up for sale on the secondary market. Dixie gun works takes a stock pietta and super fine tunes the trigger pull, puts a quick twist barrel on them, perfects the timing and tightens up all the gaps. Silver trigger guard and a trigger travel arrest stud finish it out.
I recognize that pistol. When I owned it it was capable of 1” accuracy at 25 yards bench-rested. There’s a small scar, looks like a slip of a screwdriver but otherwise it was in excellent condition then, doesn’t look much different now. I have other, better
92074CBE-7C43-4222-8369-EDBC708418AE.jpeg
32677427-3D1B-46AF-BF00-6162D5D81F62.jpeg
photos around here I’m sure.

I recognize that pistol. When I owned it it was capable of 1” accuracy at 25 yards bench-rested. There’s a small scar, looks like a slip of a screwdriver but otherwise it was in excellent condition then, doesn’t look much different now. I have other, better View attachment 95716View attachment 95717photos around here I’m sure.
I appreciate it! Yeah, i really had no idea how amazing this pistol was when I bought it! After doing some research and you telling me what to look for I was and am very thankful to get it. I'll take some better pics, too. I'm not really super motivated to sell it, but if there are any competitive shooters on here that want to break into the sport and not pay retail...this is a good way to do it. Thanks for the pics and verification of accuracy.

Sorry to butt in on your for sale thread, but if you take that gun outside into the bright shade, not direct sunlight, you will be able to more easily take detailed photos. On camera flash from a phone or camera is unflattering on reflective items like a firearm. Good luck with the sale, sounds like a sweet shooter.

That is a pretty gun!

Have two gentlemen making serious offers, but this is (as of now) still available. I was reading through the sale list...and everyone is bringing their nice toys today!!

Back